© 2018 RSM US LLP. All rights reserved.
Addressing your transition and implementation needs for ICD-10
One of the many anticipated health care reform initiatives is the national health care system's transition from ICD-9 to ICD-10 coding sets for diagnosis and inpatient procedure coding. The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) has initiated this significant change to improve patient care, patient care reporting, diagnosis, billing and reimbursement, while also supporting the reduction of health care costs. Contact us for more information on ICD-10 consulting strategies.
Here's what health care organizations need to know about finding and addressing painpoints after transitioning to ICD-10 coding.
SENIOR LIVING HEALTH CARE CONNECTION
Health care organizations: Have you taken the steps to ensure a smooth transition to ICD-10? The October deadline is looming.
With the approaching deadline of October 1, 2015, facilities are reminded to prepare for their ICD 10 transition.
Our Approach and Services
RSM's team can provide you with a comprehensive, enterprise-wide ICD 10 transition solution. Our clients are first categorized into an adopter level (early, intermediate or late). Based on this classification level and the organization's sophistication, our ICD 10 consulting is highly customizable and scalable to meet any need.
Find out more about RSM's ICD 10 Transition Services.
Rapid assessment® and translation services may include:
- Establishing governance, including identification of stakeholders, development and execution of communication plan and transition plan
- Conduct a translation of ICD9 to ICD10 codes, with focus on high-impact risk and revenue areas
- Revenue cycle operational process improvements, including cash acceleration and business office redesign
- Coding compliance to Medicare's billing standards and requirements
- Patient care level documentation improvement and education to support clinical decisions and financial reimbursement for services provided
- Financial and contractual management to support and protect an organization's revenue stream during and post-transition beyond Medicare and extended to the private payer environment
- Technology improvements to support ICD 10 coding environment and report standards
- Service provider management to ensure their compliance to ICD 10
- Successful transition to ICD 10 and compliance with Medicare
- Process improvements across the organization
- Coding and documentation improvement across the organization
- Technology improvements across the organization
- Revenue management, including budget neutrality during ICD 10 transition
Wisconsin Health Information Management Association members and others learn ICD 10 transition strategies, process and education planning, vendor management tips and more.
Given the October 2014 deadline, health care organizations must execute transition and compliance strategies now.
This webcast recording focuses on the monumental ICD diagnosis and patient care coding changes impacting the health care industry.
How can we help you?
To discuss how our team can help your business, contact us by phone 800.274.3978 or