© 2020 RSM US LLP. All rights reserved.
Health care IT consulting and technology solutions
IT strategy and implementation services
The health care industry is going through a significant shift as it combats continuously rising health care costs and pressure from changing market dynamics influenced by regulatory reform. Health systems and other provider organizations are incentivized to alter care delivery methods to optimize patient outcomes, reduce unnecessary costs and maximize reimbursements and profitability.
In this environment, it is imperative to understand how information technology (IT) can enable health care transformation for provider organizations like yours that are focused on improved care quality, enhanced patient access and reduced costs, all while resulting in better patient outcomes.
Our dedicated team of professionals have a keen understanding of the implications of regulatory changes in health care, the market pressures dictating shifts in the care delivery and reimbursement models and the resulting effect on operations. Our deep knowledge of electronic health records (EHR) and related technologies, combined with our real-world operational experience, can benefit health care organizations like yours as we provide comprehensive health care IT solutions that deliver actionable insights and positive, quantifiable outcomes.
Our health care IT solutions include:
|Strategy consulting services:||Implementation services:|
- Strategic assessment and planning
- Population health and value-based care
- Value-based care strategy development, care model alignment, population health IT platform selection and change management to support an organization’s transition to outcome-based payment models
- Examples include: integrated health strategy, data integration platform design, EHR integration, care coordination framework design, post-acute care network assessment
- Performance improvement
- Clinical, and operational performance improvement and process standardization, identifying organizational initiatives, establishing benchmarks and developing actionable evidence-based solutions
- Examples include: readmissions prevention strategy, clinical decision support review, early sepsis detection, coding process transformation, IT service model optimization, total cost of ownership reduction
- Project management
- Varying levels of scale and complexity, from project conception to planning and execution using proven project management principles
- Examples include: project management office (PMO) design, EHR system implementation project management, Project Management Quality Assurance (PMQA / IV&V), pre-implementation planning, issue prioritization, organizational change management
- System implementation
- Implementation and integration services using our proven methodology and skilled resources
- Examples include: system design-build-test-support (Cerner/Siemens, Epic, 3M 360, Allscripts, Cloverleaf), requirements analysis, interface design and build, custom report development, go-live planning and support
- Enable maximum value from existing IT investments by leveraging best practices to standardize workflows and improve user satisfaction, productivity and outcomes
- Examples include: system usability and end user adoption, process optimization, identify/ and remediate reporting gaps, end user training, system configuration updates, system performance review
- Reporting and analytics
- Reporting and analytics strategy, data governance, warehouse design and build, augment current capabilities with custom reporting
- Examples include: data integration and normalization between EHR systems, data archival, enterprise data warehouse strategy and build
Health care organizations we serve:
- Health systems, integrated delivery networks, clinical integrated networks
- Accountable care organizations
- Academic medical centers and community hospitals
- Independent physician groups
- Urgent care centers
- Behavioral mental health facilities
- Post-acute care, long-term care and home health organizations
Get a recap of our webcast on automation in the health care industry and its impact on health and hospital organizations.
Get a recap of our health care industry webcast on consumerism and its impact on health and hospital organizations.
Health care organizations: Missed our webcast on managing your electronic health record conversion? Get this recap to learn more.
Health care organizations: Missed our webcast on modernizing the financial close? Get this recap to learn more.
Health care organizations: Missed our webcast on electronic health record and enterprise resource planning integration? Get this recap.
Learn how project management and quality assurance, a strategic and independent method, assesses IT project health and improves outcomes.
RSM helps their client optimize their electronic health record vendor selection process, ensuring a strategic fit for the organization.
Successful Health Level 7 International interface implementation takes the combined skill sets of the interface team and data experts.
Learn key strategies to address denials management challenges in your health care organization. Start your assessment with our questions.
Early planning, key engagement and informed decision-making significantly improves technology project success at health care organizations.
Physician practices must have an understanding of hierarchical condition categories and revenue potential. Learn more.
Learn core guiding principles to launch a value-driven enterprise health record initiative at your health care organization.
A multi-specialty medical group overhauls information technology infrastructure and enterprise resource planning solutions.
How can we help you?
To discuss how our team can help your business, contact us by phone 800.274.3978 or