© 2021 RSM US LLP. All rights reserved.
Tax Advisory Services
Meaningful tax savings aren’t achieved by just correctly filing at the local, state, federal, or international levels. They are realized through a knowledgeable, integrated approach that anticipates how each tax challenge influences the decisions you make to achieve corporate and personal growth.
When you partner with RSM, our tax advisors work alongside you at every stage of your personal or business lifecycle. With a breadth of services extending far beyond filing and compliance issues, our approach is focused on capturing value by strategically planning around your core financial objectives. By leveraging our extensive experience in the middle market, we help you achieve your goals – whether that be to expand into new markets, expand your workforce, invest in new opportunities or provide for the next generation. Our tax advisory services include:
- Compensation & Benefits – Building tax-optimized design and implementation of ESOPs, retirement plans, employee benefits, and other types of executive compensation programs
- Credits & Incentives – Identifying and capturing all federal, state, and local tax credits and incentives to make strategic business improvements.
- Federal Tax – Tackling the complexity of federal tax obligations with special attention to your business goals, structure, and industry.
- Indirect Tax – Managing your exposure to VAT and Sales & Use taxes, while realizing additional savings through streamlined compliance programs.
- International Tax Planning – Fueling your presence in global markets with strategic tax structuring, transfer pricing analysis, foreign tax compliance and more.
- Private Client – Developing comprehensive plans for enabling business transitions, establishing family offices, philanthropic gifting, and other wealth transfer strategies
- State and Local Tax – Improving compliance and maximize tax savings for your business across multiple jurisdictions.
- Tax Function Optimization – Complementing your tax team with outsourced or co-sourced solutions and technological improvements
Whether you're buying or selling a business, expanding into other states, or going global, we're there helping you understand how your business strategies will impact your tax position – so you can minimize risk and maximize opportunity.
Tax knowledge you can trust
RSM’s team of tax consultants are uniquely positioned to help you throughout your business’s journey. Your local RSM office leverages our entire network to coordinate with specialists and find the best answers to any tax challenges you face. Our Washington national tax practice is in constant contact with tax officials and legislators understanding the latest developments in tax policy and regulation. Teams leverage their deep knowledge of the regulatory landscape around taxation so other RSM professionals can help clients understand and plan for emerging legislation and rulings before they affect their businesses.
Washington National Tax summarizes key tax aspects of President Biden’s American Jobs Plan and the Made in America Tax Plan.
RSM US LLP real estate professionals discuss the future of tax and technology automation, and how it can help real estate firms.
There are many things to consider when sending employees abroad on short-term assignment. Here’s the top things you should keep in mind.
Join RSM and Bank Director for a webcast on the current state and the future of digital assets financial institutions.
What is restricted stock and how does it affect taxes for employers and employees? Find out more about this executive compensation option.
Plan sponsors have until July 31, 2021, to pay the patient-centered outcomes research fee on health plans for plan years ending in 2020.
Learn more about how a taxable REIT subsidiary was created to perform activities that cannot be performed directly by the REIT.
Examining the taxpayer ramifications of President Biden’s proposal to fund IRS enforcement capabilities with an additional $80 billion.
Join RSM on this webcast to explore the American Families Plan and the related tax implications affecting the middle market.
The newly enacted optional tax may provide significant opportunity to taxpayers, and in particular, owners of financial service firms.