© 2020 RSM US LLP. All rights reserved.
Tax Advisory Services
Meaningful tax savings aren’t achieved by just correctly filing at the local, state, federal, or international levels. They are realized through a knowledgeable, integrated approach that anticipates how each tax challenge influences the decisions you make to achieve corporate and personal growth.
When you partner with RSM, our tax advisors work alongside you at every stage of your personal or business lifecycle. With a breadth of services extending far beyond filing and compliance issues, our approach is focused on capturing value by strategically planning around your core financial objectives. By leveraging our extensive experience in the middle market, we help you achieve your goals – whether that be to expand into new markets, expand your workforce, invest in new opportunities or provide for the next generation. Our tax advisory services include:
- Compensation & Benefits – Building tax-optimized design and implementation of ESOPs, retirement plans, employee benefits, and other types of executive compensation programs
- Credits & Incentives – Identifying and capturing all federal, state, and local tax credits and incentives to make strategic business improvements.
- Federal Tax – Tackling the complexity of federal tax obligations with special attention to your business goals, structure, and industry.
- Indirect Tax – Managing your exposure to VAT and Sales & Use taxes, while realizing additional savings through streamlined compliance programs.
- International Tax Planning – Fueling your presence in global markets with strategic tax structuring, transfer pricing analysis, foreign tax compliance and more.
- Private Client – Developing comprehensive plans for enabling business transitions, establishing family offices, philanthropic gifting, and other wealth transfer strategies
- State and Local Tax – Improving compliance and maximize tax savings for your business across multiple jurisdictions.
- Tax Function Optimization – Complementing your tax team with outsourced or co-sourced solutions and technological improvements
Whether you're buying or selling a business, expanding into other states, or going global, we're there helping you understand how your business strategies will impact your tax position – so you can minimize risk and maximize opportunity.
Tax knowledge you can trust
RSM’s team of tax consultants are uniquely positioned to help you throughout your business’s journey. Your local RSM office leverages our entire network to coordinate with specialists and find the best answers to any tax challenges you face. Our Washington national tax practice is in constant contact with tax officials and legislators understanding the latest developments in tax policy and regulation. Teams leverage their deep knowledge of the regulatory landscape around taxation so other RSM professionals can help clients understand and plan for emerging legislation and rulings before they affect their businesses.
Former Vice President Joe Biden’s tax plan features significant changes. Rates seem likely to rise, even if President Trump wins re-election
Insights for family offices on investment and tax strategies, risk management, and operational considerations in the face of the pandemic.
Prudent payment integrity assessments and analysis of financial processes help family offices reduce risk and streamline financial reporting
Companies must minimize financial exposure and maximize their potential recoveries if their business clients face bankruptcy.
What are the top business issues and opportunities trending for middle market beauty sector companies in 2020?
These FAQs help family offices take a look at document management and retention practices, policies, technology systems and procedures.
Understanding the history of state transfer pricing can help those with intercompany transactions prepare for the future.
State tax increases in various forms seem inevitable because of massive budget shortfalls caused by the pandemic and economic crisis.
Join our professionals as they discuss November’s presidential election, tax planning opportunities and the potential changes ahead.
RSM professionals discuss the provisions of business interest deduction limitations (Section 163j) stemming from the TCJA and CARES Act.
Transfer pricing audits are occurring more frequently and are expected to increase as the states look to recover from the pandemic.