© 2019 RSM US LLP. All rights reserved.
Tax Advisory Services
Meaningful tax savings aren’t achieved by just correctly filing at the local, state, federal, or international levels. They are realized through a knowledgeable, integrated approach that anticipates how each tax challenge influences the decisions you make to achieve corporate and personal growth.
When you partner with RSM, our tax advisors work alongside you at every stage of your personal or business lifecycle. With a breadth of services extending far beyond filing and compliance issues, our approach is focused on capturing value by strategically planning around your core financial objectives. By leveraging our extensive experience in the middle market, we help you achieve your goals – whether that be to expand into new markets, expand your workforce, invest in new opportunities or provide for the next generation. Our tax advisory services include:
- Compensation & Benefits – Building tax-optimized design and implementation of ESOPs, retirement plans, employee benefits, and other types of executive compensation programs
- Credits & Incentives – Identifying and capturing all federal, state, and local tax credits and incentives to make strategic business improvements.
- Federal Tax – Tackling the complexity of federal tax obligations with special attention to your business goals, structure, and industry.
- Indirect Tax – Managing your exposure to VAT and Sales & Use taxes, while realizing additional savings through streamlined compliance programs.
- International Tax Planning – Fueling your presence in global markets with strategic tax structuring, transfer pricing analysis, foreign tax compliance and more.
- Private Client – Developing comprehensive plans for enabling business transitions, establishing family offices, philanthropic gifting, and other wealth transfer strategies
- State and Local Tax – Improving compliance and maximize tax savings for your business across multiple jurisdictions.
- Tax Function Optimization – Complementing your tax team with outsourced or co-sourced solutions and technological improvements
Whether you're buying or selling a business, expanding into other states, or going global, we're there helping you understand how your business strategies will impact your tax position – so you can minimize risk and maximize opportunity.
Tax knowledge you can trust
RSM’s team of tax consultants are uniquely positioned to help you throughout your business’s journey. Your local RSM office leverages our entire network to coordinate with specialists and find the best answers to any tax challenges you face. Our Washington national tax practice is in constant contact with tax officials and legislators understanding the latest developments in tax policy and regulation. Teams leverage their deep knowledge of the regulatory landscape around taxation so other RSM professionals can help clients understand and plan for emerging legislation and rulings before they affect their businesses.
Questions surround new tax legislation in response to COVID-19. RSM’s Tax Policy Now examines extended deadlines, paid leave and cash flow.
THE REAL ECONOMY
Listen to RSM professionals provide insights and resources to help businesses deal with the coronavirus fallout.
Immeasurable operational challenges face the industry as some sectors see opportunities while others see risk.
In response to the coronavirus impact, tax policy changes are being proposed and enacted in countries around the globe.
Join us on Friday, March 27, when RSM tax professionals examine critical tax relief issues related to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Businesses feeling the economic distress of COVID-19 should consider how to maximize cash flow and stay current with state tax
Proper tax planning in a workout or restructuring is necessary to provide valuable tax attributes to the restructured business.
During a debt workout or restructuring, it is critical that businesses evaluate their restructuring options and the related tax impact.
Widespread availability of credits and economic incentives during the COVID-19 pandemic may help businesses increase cash flow.
State and local tax filing and penalty relief guidance in response to COVID-19 has accelerated as deadlines approach.
The conditions that cause uncertainty today create opportunities to transfer wealth to the next generations at historically low tax cost