© 2021 RSM US LLP. All rights reserved.
Tax Advisory Services
Meaningful tax savings aren’t achieved by just correctly filing at the local, state, federal, or international levels. They are realized through a knowledgeable, integrated approach that anticipates how each tax challenge influences the decisions you make to achieve corporate and personal growth.
When you partner with RSM, our tax advisors work alongside you at every stage of your personal or business lifecycle. With a breadth of services extending far beyond filing and compliance issues, our approach is focused on capturing value by strategically planning around your core financial objectives. By leveraging our extensive experience in the middle market, we help you achieve your goals – whether that be to expand into new markets, expand your workforce, invest in new opportunities or provide for the next generation. Our tax advisory services include:
- Compensation & Benefits – Building tax-optimized design and implementation of ESOPs, retirement plans, employee benefits, and other types of executive compensation programs
- Credits & Incentives – Identifying and capturing all federal, state, and local tax credits and incentives to make strategic business improvements.
- Federal Tax – Tackling the complexity of federal tax obligations with special attention to your business goals, structure, and industry.
- Indirect Tax – Managing your exposure to VAT and Sales & Use taxes, while realizing additional savings through streamlined compliance programs.
- International Tax Planning – Fueling your presence in global markets with strategic tax structuring, transfer pricing analysis, foreign tax compliance and more.
- Private Client – Developing comprehensive plans for enabling business transitions, establishing family offices, philanthropic gifting, and other wealth transfer strategies
- State and Local Tax – Improving compliance and maximize tax savings for your business across multiple jurisdictions.
- Tax Function Optimization – Complementing your tax team with outsourced or co-sourced solutions and technological improvements
Whether you're buying or selling a business, expanding into other states, or going global, we're there helping you understand how your business strategies will impact your tax position – so you can minimize risk and maximize opportunity.
Tax knowledge you can trust
RSM’s team of tax consultants are uniquely positioned to help you throughout your business’s journey. Your local RSM office leverages our entire network to coordinate with specialists and find the best answers to any tax challenges you face. Our Washington national tax practice is in constant contact with tax officials and legislators understanding the latest developments in tax policy and regulation. Teams leverage their deep knowledge of the regulatory landscape around taxation so other RSM professionals can help clients understand and plan for emerging legislation and rulings before they affect their businesses.
Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) loan recipients may now qualify for the employee retention tax credit based on new legislation signed.
Reduction of participation exemption for dividends and capital gains earned by Spanish entities increases corporate tax rates by 1.25%.
A single-debtor Chapter 11 reorganization, may trigger a Form 8937 filing requirement for the reorganized company. Learn more about it.
The Employee Retention Credit provides liquidity benefits for many businesses and was significantly expanded for 2020 and 2021.
Stimulus legislation extends through 2021 the 100% of AGI deduction for itemizers and availability of a deduction for non-itemizers.
Colorado enacts law restoring certain deductions related the to the CARES Act for both business and individual taxpayers.
Effective January 1, Oregon businesses and individuals in the Portland area have additional regional and county taxes on income and wages.
The paycheck protection program (PPP) combined with the Employee Retention Credit (ERC) can help middle market companies achieve liquidity.
Investment partnerships face a complex landscape when it comes to tax compliance. The solution lies in partnership tax technology.
Sweeping changes are coming. Don’t let required capitalization of research expenditures wreak havoc on your tax return.
Information on the instant asset write-off and tax loss carryback measures in Australia with potential tax savings for clients.