© 2020 RSM US LLP. All rights reserved.
Tax Advisory Services
Meaningful tax savings aren’t achieved by just correctly filing at the local, state, federal, or international levels. They are realized through a knowledgeable, integrated approach that anticipates how each tax challenge influences the decisions you make to achieve corporate and personal growth.
When you partner with RSM, our tax advisors work alongside you at every stage of your personal or business lifecycle. With a breadth of services extending far beyond filing and compliance issues, our approach is focused on capturing value by strategically planning around your core financial objectives. By leveraging our extensive experience in the middle market, we help you achieve your goals – whether that be to expand into new markets, expand your workforce, invest in new opportunities or provide for the next generation. Our tax advisory services include:
- Compensation & Benefits – Building tax-optimized design and implementation of ESOPs, retirement plans, employee benefits, and other types of executive compensation programs
- Credits & Incentives – Identifying and capturing all federal, state, and local tax credits and incentives to make strategic business improvements.
- Federal Tax – Tackling the complexity of federal tax obligations with special attention to your business goals, structure, and industry.
- Indirect Tax – Managing your exposure to VAT and Sales & Use taxes, while realizing additional savings through streamlined compliance programs.
- International Tax Planning – Fueling your presence in global markets with strategic tax structuring, transfer pricing analysis, foreign tax compliance and more.
- Private Client – Developing comprehensive plans for enabling business transitions, establishing family offices, philanthropic gifting, and other wealth transfer strategies
- State and Local Tax – Improving compliance and maximize tax savings for your business across multiple jurisdictions.
- Tax Function Optimization – Complementing your tax team with outsourced or co-sourced solutions and technological improvements
Whether you're buying or selling a business, expanding into other states, or going global, we're there helping you understand how your business strategies will impact your tax position – so you can minimize risk and maximize opportunity.
Tax knowledge you can trust
RSM’s team of tax consultants are uniquely positioned to help you throughout your business’s journey. Your local RSM office leverages our entire network to coordinate with specialists and find the best answers to any tax challenges you face. Our Washington national tax practice is in constant contact with tax officials and legislators understanding the latest developments in tax policy and regulation. Teams leverage their deep knowledge of the regulatory landscape around taxation so other RSM professionals can help clients understand and plan for emerging legislation and rulings before they affect their businesses.
Former Vice President Joe Biden’s tax plan features significant changes. Rates seem likely to rise, even if President Trump wins re-election
Tax planning opportunities for consideration in light of COVID-19, the resulting economic crisis, and evolving tax laws and regulations.
Excise taxes can have a serious financial impact on business, yet many aren’t focused on the potential impacts.
Looming budget shortfalls coupled with tax-related ballot measures in many states could significantly affect 2021.
PartnerSight is a cloud-based platform that delivers tax data in real time, providing powerful insights to make better investment decisions.
RSM identifies nine frequently asked questions (FAQs) about phantom stock plans, an incentive compensation tool.
Netherlands Budget Day 2021: An overview of important corporate and international tax developments to be aware of in country
A business-minded approach: Cybersecurity for family offices begins with awareness of prevalent threats and their own risk profiles.
RSM India covers the complex cross-border tax considerations and reporting requirements applicable to nonresident Indians in this guide.
Key actions companies doing business in the United Kingdom should consider as the UK’s transitional period with the EU comes to an end.
A business did not owe tax on service contract fees, finding the receipts were sourced out-of-state rather than to in-state customers.