© 2021 RSM US LLP. All rights reserved.
Inbound tax services for foreign-owned U.S. companies
Navigating tax challenges in the world’s largest economy
The U.S. market offers tremendous opportunities for foreign-owned businesses. But successfully capitalizing on those opportunities also means understanding and navigating a complex array of tax issues at the federal and state levels. Consider some common questions you must answer:
- Will your operation rise to the level of a permanent establishment?
- Should you form a U.S. subsidiary and, if so, what form of entity best fits your strategy?
- How will you structure your capital? Can you have too much debt?
- Will there be related-party transactions? Do you need a transfer pricing analysis and documentation?
- Do you understand your full range of compliance and reporting obligations?
- If you have a permanent establishment, what about your employees? Do you have appropriate policies in place to help them understand and address their tax needs?
- Will your U.S. operations create state and local tax obligations? In which jurisdictions? What will you need to file, and where?
RSM understands. We’ve helped companies from all over the world anticipate and address the tax challenges inherent in seizing opportunities in the United States. From big-picture questions like choice of entity to helping you determine which of the hundreds of potential registrations, forms and returns you must file—and in which jurisdictions you must file them—we’re ready to help at every step along the way.
Entering the U.S. market without adequate planning or implementation can lead to diminished returns on your investment.
Life sciences companies making payments to related foreign parties should be aware of how to determine the gross receipts calculation.
Join RSM US professionals for this one-hour on-demand webcast as we discuss how tax reform affects foreign-owned companies.
Taxing jurisdictions offer incentives ranging from tax credits to cash grants to stimulate capital investment. Learn how you can benefit.
We provide excise tax consulting to help achieve minimal exposure with maximum credits. Learn the types of excise taxes we specialize in.
Learn more about available renewable energy credits and incentives. RSM can help you in qualify for and realize the credits you are due.
Understand and secure real estate investment incentives, such as tax credits for rehabilitation, low-income housing and underserved markets.
The meals and entertainment (M&E) expense deduction is a broadly applicable business tax savings opportunity. Learn more.