© 2018 RSM US LLP. All rights reserved.
Audit services for the consumer products industry
There are specific accounting and financial reporting issues related to consumer products companies. Further, the new revenue recognition guidance and lease accounting changes have significant implications across the industry. Bringing together our financial accounting experience with our industry knowledge, we help your business operate better, now and in the future.
In addition to our core audit services, consumer products companies benefit from our industry-specific experience in areas such as:
- Asset valuation
- Complex debt and equity transactions
- Customer chargebacks, discounts and other promotional activities
- Fair value and impairment of long-lived assets
- Financing and factoring
- Franchise accounting
- Gift card accounting and related breakage
- Incentive compensation arrangements
- Incurred but not reported (IBNR) transactions
- Inventory valuation and markdowns
- Lease accounting
- Loyalty programs
- Vendor incentives
Franchisors are in for major changes in the way they recognize revenues. Learn more about the new standards and how to address them.
Complying with ASC 842 may require more time than you think. We break down key questions companies need to consider.
Due to its complexity, preparing for and complying with ASC 606 may be more challenging than many companies realize.
While ASC 842 will affect leasing activities, technology solutions can help ease the burden that the new standard brings.