How to (virtually) prepare for your career: Virtual interviews
Your college experience may look a little different this year. Whether you’re back on campus or attending virtual classes, one thing remains the same—you’re one step closer to graduation! How can you jumpstart a rewarding career and prepare for success in a more virtual world? RSM’s talent acquisition team members (who were on campus not so long ago) shared their best tips and tricks on how to (virtually) stand out in interviews!
Practice and prep
- Make sure you understand the technology platform being used for your interview and test out audio and video ahead of time.
- Find a quiet place with limited disruptions and natural lighting.
- Practice a mock interview with friends or family members.
- Research the company and come prepared with at least three questions.
- Review your resume and have it on hand during your interview.
Nail your interview
- Dress professionally as you would for an in-person interview.
- Be engaged - look at the screen and use non-verbal cues to show you’re listening. Most importantly, be yourself!
- Follow up! Ask the interviewer how they prefer you to follow up (email, LinkedIn, etc.)