Private Clubs Leader
Areas of focus: Private Clubs
Summary of experience
Philip G. Newman, CPA, CIA has more than twenty-five years’ experience in public accounting, predominantly serving the private club industry. In his leadership role for private club assurance and consulting, Phil is responsible for projects throughout the United States, including assurance engagements, internal control and governance reviews, operational consulting, benchmarking studies and the development and delivery of education programs for club boards, CEOs and CFOs.
He has served on the Global Board of Hospitality Financial and Technology Professionals (HFTP) and is a frequent speaker at regional and national conference for HFTP, the Club Manager’s Association of America (CMAA), and the National Club Association (NCA). A regular contributor to industry publications, Phil was a member of the CPA sub -committee involved in the preparation of the Uniform System of Financial Reporting for Clubs and also a contributing editor to the NCA publication Club Governance Guidelines: A Path to Organizational Excellence. He was also a contributor to the HFTP/CMAA publication Understanding Club Finances. Phil is also an honorary member of the Florida Chapter of the Club Managers Association of America.
- Private country and city clubs
- Resort properties
- Golf clubs
- Homeowner associations
- Created operational survival strategy for troubled resort in North Eastern United States
- Created risk and operational control matrix for developer resort in the Caribbean
- Internal control and operational review for major Southeastern United States country club community developer
Professional affiliations and credentials
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Bachelor of Commerce (accounting), The University of Birmingham, England