Director, Health Care Senior Analyst
Areas of focus: Health Care
In January 2018, Matt was selected as a senior analyst RSM’s cutting edge Industry Eminence Program, which positions its senior analysts to understand, forecast and communicate economic, business and technology trends shaping the industries RSM serves. These senior analysts advise clients on conditions impacting middle market leaders. Matt’s focus is on the health care industry.
Summary of experience
Matt leads RSM’s health care valuation consulting group. He has over ten years of experience assisting health care clients evaluate transactions. His industry-specific experience and responsibilities include the following:
- Financial reporting valuations related to business combinations, goodwill impairment, and stock compensation for health care providers and payors, including large academic health system
- Sell-side valuation consulting related to private equity and strategic buyer acquisitions of providers and medical device start-ups.
- Buy- and sell-side valuation of physician practices for purposes of complying with Stark and antikickback laws, under both of the following:
- Full employment
- Professional service agreement arrangements
- Joint venture consulting
Professional affiliations and credentials
- Healthcare Financial Management Association
- American Society of Appraisers
- Master of Business Administration, University of Minnesota’s Carlson School of Management
- Bachelor of Science, finance and operations management, University of Minnesota’s Carlson School of Management