Celebrating Women's Equality Day
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION |
It’s Women’s Equality Day!
An annual holiday observed in the U.S., Women’s Equality Day is celebrated on August 26 to commemorate the 1920 passage of the 19th Amendment, which gave women the right to vote in 1920. It also calls attention to women’s continuing efforts toward full equality.
Here at RSM, we believe in equality for everyone, regardless of their gender, ethnicity or other differentiating factors. We understand that the thinking that results from a diverse and inclusive workplace leads to the best thinking which ultimately translates to the best solutions for our middle market clients.
We embrace the differences in our people every day, and approach our commitment to a diverse workplace in a number of ways including:
- Resources For Racial Understanding and Inclusion
- RSM's actions for racial understanding and inclusion
- The Middle Market Collaborative for Understanding
- Dedicated leadership for culture, diversity and inclusion
- Investment in 12 employee network groups (ENGs) for RSM employees, including our Women’s ENG STAR (Stewardship. Teamwork. Advancement and Retention of women)
- Support for diverse professional organizations, such as NABA, ALPFA and Ascend
- Investment in the diverse workplace of the future through scholarship support for students from underrepresented populations
- Unconscious bias and cultural dexterity education
- Diverse supplier and vendor development
- 2020 CDI Annual Summit
In recognition of Women’s Equality Day and on behalf of our STAR ENG, I invite you to learn more about inclusion at RSM in our first ever diversity report.
Assurance Partner and National Women’s Employee Network Group Leader
RSM is committed to inclusion, and we value perspectives, journeys, milestones and progress that enrich us all.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
STAR advocates for women in the workplace with a focus on stewardship, teamwork, advancement and retention opportunities.