Senior living organization achieves over $60,000 in annual savings
Brandywine Senior Living
Brandywine Senior Living is a premier provider of senior living services including independent, assisted living, rehabilitation services and Alzheimer's care with 19 facilities throughout the Mid-Atlantic region.
Brandywine Senior Living wanted to replace components of their old IHN system (Interactive Health Network’s Long Term Care solution) and alleviate the three major problems facing them with their legacy system: manually re-keying of information, difficult extraction of information and lack of technical support.
For example, it would take days to produce an income statement because of all the manual work associated with the process. Information had to be manually re-keyed into Microsoft Excel spreadsheets, checked and re-checked for accuracy.
RSM implemented Microsoft Dynamics® GP as their accounting solution. This solution integrates their AR Billing function with legacy IHN system and imports the general ledger detail from ADP Payroll Services. We also implemented Binary Stream Multi Facility Processing. This solution facilitates multi-entity accounting from just one database by sharing master records across different corporate entities, locations and structures to improve financial reporting.
- A 20% reduction in workforce
- Elimination of manual work to re-create income statement in Excel spreadsheets
- Integrated inter-company functions
- Rolled out integration to all 19 facilities in less than six months
- Made ad-hoc reporting much easier and user friendly through FRx
- Provided access to information that before was difficult to extract
- RSM offered experienced and local support of Microsoft Dynamics GP resources
They Said It
“After interviewing several implementation teams, RSM was selected because they too were CPAs and had a local office that would support our implementation. I have a full time job and wanted my hand held during this process. RSM made us this promise and completely delivered. Jeff Bloch, the lead consultant on the project, took full ownership of the process and led the effort. The implementation has been successfully rolled out to all 19 facilities and was completely adopted by the work force and field. I have not heard any complaints!”
- Gary Klonowski, Corporate Controller, Brandywine Senior Living