© 2019 RSM US LLP. All rights reserved.
Windows 7 end-of-life services
Extended support from Microsoft for Windows 7 ends on Jan. 14, 2020
Many middle market companies still utilize Microsoft Windows 7 as their primary operating system, making up 37 percent of the overall desktop market. However, Microsoft recently announced that support for the product will end in early 2020. This milestone poses a significant threat, and companies must proactively plan to upgrade their operating systems and mitigate potential risks.
RSM understands the ecosystem of components required to appropriately secure your aging devices. Our experienced advisors can also evaluate your infrastructure to create a broader solution to obtain a secure modern workplace where productivity is enhanced and security is rationalized.
RSM has the requisite experience to support the shift into Windows 10. We do this with pragmatic security controls and appropriate deployment solutions to drive your business to an improved security posture and modern workplace.
Evaluate your security
In conjunction with addressing your Windows 7 vulnerabilities, RSM also has a comprehensive cloud security readiness program to measure your organization against a defined set of middle market benchmarks to determine the suitability of various cloud security controls. The goal of this assessment is to help steer your organization toward continued consumption of cloud-based services in a secure manner.
Potential Windows 7 end-of-life risks
The risks of not addressing the conclusion of Windows 7 support in a timely manner are broad and can be very harmful. The chief risks include:
- Windows 7 will no longer receive security updates, leaving your operating system and sensitive information vulnerable to losses and unauthorized access
- Security risks could leave your organization noncompliant with several regulatory compliance guidelines, including the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and the Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standard.
How RSM can help
We execute a program to broadly determine your Windows 7 risk exposure and review components of your infrastructure that may also affect your overall security framework. We develop a report that provides an actionable set of plans for preparing, updating and supporting a transition into a modern, secure operating system. Additionally, due to the impending deadline, RSM is able to supply the resourcing capacity and economies of scale to help you contain and eliminate your Windows 7 risk.
An experienced advisor who understands your needs
When your organization is looking for a comprehensive technology solution provider to maximize your investments, you can count on RSM to deliver:
- Increased satisfaction with IT infrastructure and applications
- More effective use of technology within your organization
- Increased competitive advantage as a result of more efficient and effective systems
- A road map to responsibly transition technology workloads to the cloud
- Balanced recommendations that are sized correctly for your organization
The RSM advantage
Our business is based on understanding and building trusting relationships with our clients, allowing us to grow on the strength of client referrals. When you work with RSM, you have access to our extended business network, built over many years of service.
With more than 30 years of technology experience, RSM will help you adjust rapidly to changing market conditions—and transform change into opportunity.