© 2020 RSM US LLP. All rights reserved.
Global Accounting Assistance
To meet capital-raising needs on a global scale, financial statements need to reflect the accounting standards relevant to potential investors and creditors. Financial statements need to be prepared according to local standards, and may need conversion in accordance with U.S. generally accepted accounting principles or the International Financial Reporting Standards—or both.
RSM has the global capabilities and commitment to serve multinational organizations like yours. We offer a single point of contact to coordinate the right team of professionals to help you manage your global accounting challenges.
We can assist with numerous global accounting needs, including:
- Analysis of accounting and reporting implications of capital market transactions.
- Conversion of financial statements prepared in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) to U.S. generally accepted accounting principles (US GAAP) and vice versa.
- Conversion of statutory financial statements prepared in accordance with local accounting standards to financial statements prepared in accordance with US GAAP or IFRS and vice versa.
- Assistance with technical accounting matters in accordance with IFRS, including implementation of new accounting standards, accounting for the aforementioned transformative events, and financial statement reporting and preparation.
- IPO readiness support for foreign companies looking to be added to the U.S. stock exchange and U.S. companies onto foreign exchanges.
RSM’s integrated team of technical accounting consulting team encourages success and teamwork throughout every engagement.
most recent insights
FINANCIAL REPORTING INSIGHTS
We recently updated our U.S. GAAP vs. International Financial Reporting Standards comparisons on leases and interim reporting.
The COVID-19 pandemic has created the need for companies to understand their sources and uses of cash as an immediate priority.
COVID-19 is expected to have an impact on entities’ financial reporting under International Financial Reporting Standards.
How RSM conquered a time crunch in helping a large conglomerate prepare for an initial filing and life as a public company.
On March 17, 2020, the IASB approved deferral of the effective date of International Financial Reporting Standard 17 (IFRS 17).