© 2021 RSM US LLP. All rights reserved.
Complex Accounting and Financial Reporting
It can be challenging to allocate in-house resources to manage the research, resolutions and documentation of complex accounting matters. From debt and equity financing to financial instruments and derivatives, not all middle market companies have the in-house resources to address these concerns.
Our dedicated team of advisors and industry specialists can help you navigate these challenges. They can help prepare financial statements, identify consolidation models, draft responses to SEC comment letters and serve as on-call advisors. Let RSM professionals help support your accounting and reporting needs.
We can assist with:
- Accounting for complex debt and equity financings, debt modifications, financial instruments and derivatives
- Responses to SEC comment letters
- Impairment analyses for both goodwill and long-lived assets
- Analysis of share-based payments
- Selection of the reporting currency and the analysis of foreign currency transactions
- Identification of appropriate consolidation models including consideration of variable interest or voting interest entities
- Audit readiness support – Preparation of financial statements and disclosures, identification of weaknesses, audit support for complex accounting matters
- On-call advisory services
- Outsourced financial accounting support
most recent insights
The Center for Audit Quality and Audit Analytics recently released their 2021 Audit Committee Transparency Barometer.
Capital markets have been evolving more rapidly than ever over the last year and a half, and we don’t expect the pace to slow anytime soon.
The GASB has changed the term “comprehensive annual financial report” to “annual comprehensive financial report.”
The SEC recently released a sample letter illustrating comments it may issue regarding climate-change disclosures.
The FASB tentatively decided to allow lessees that are not PBEs to make the risk-free rate election by class of underlying asset.
The CAQ has issued a publication that describes how accounting and auditing standards apply to climate-related risks.