© 2019 RSM US LLP. All rights reserved.
Complex Accounting and Financial Reporting
It can be challenging to allocate in-house resources to manage the research, resolutions and documentation of complex accounting matters. From debt and equity financing to financial instruments and derivatives, not all middle market companies have the in-house resources to address these concerns.
Our dedicated team of advisors and industry specialists can help you navigate these challenges. They can help prepare financial statements, identify consolidation models, draft responses to SEC comment letters and serve as on-call advisors. Let RSM professionals help support your accounting and reporting needs.
We can assist with:
- Accounting for complex debt and equity financings, debt modifications, financial instruments and derivatives
- Responses to SEC comment letters
- Impairment analyses for both goodwill and long-lived assets
- Analysis of share-based payments
- Selection of the reporting currency and the analysis of foreign currency transactions
- Identification of appropriate consolidation models including consideration of variable interest or voting interest entities
- Audit readiness support – Preparation of financial statements and disclosures, identification of weaknesses, audit support for complex accounting matters
- On-call advisory services
- Outsourced financial accounting support
most recent insights
The SEC recently provided a cross-Divisional update regarding its targeted regulatory relief related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The SEC Chief Accountant recently addressed the continued importance of high-quality financial reporting in light of COVID-19.
The PCAOB recently published information for auditors and audit committees regarding audits involving cryptoassets.
The SEC recently issued a final rule that amends the financial disclosure requirements for acquired and disposed businesses.
Borrowers are taking a look at the factors that led them to classify debt as current or noncurrent when preparing a classified balance sheet
A CAQ resource discusses key questions for auditors and audit committees related to the impact of COVID-19 on financial reporting.