© 2021 RSM US LLP. All rights reserved.
Complex Accounting and Financial Reporting
It can be challenging to allocate in-house resources to manage the research, resolutions and documentation of complex accounting matters. From debt and equity financing to financial instruments and derivatives, not all middle market companies have the in-house resources to address these concerns.
Our dedicated team of advisors and industry specialists can help you navigate these challenges. They can help prepare financial statements, identify consolidation models, draft responses to SEC comment letters and serve as on-call advisors. Let RSM professionals help support your accounting and reporting needs.
We can assist with:
- Accounting for complex debt and equity financings, debt modifications, financial instruments and derivatives
- Responses to SEC comment letters
- Impairment analyses for both goodwill and long-lived assets
- Analysis of share-based payments
- Selection of the reporting currency and the analysis of foreign currency transactions
- Identification of appropriate consolidation models including consideration of variable interest or voting interest entities
- Audit readiness support – Preparation of financial statements and disclosures, identification of weaknesses, audit support for complex accounting matters
- On-call advisory services
- Outsourced financial accounting support
most recent insights
Once becoming a publicly owned company, the SPAC transaction journey must be undertaken with advanced planning.
The SEC recently provided its views about certain disclosures for SPAC IPOs and subsequent business combination transactions.
Potential extension of the financial reporting relief related to TDRs and CECL provided to certain financial institutions in the CARES Act.
We have published a new edition of our guide regarding the accounting for debt modifications, restructurings and exchanges.
A recent SEC rule amends requirements related to MD&A, selected financial data and supplementary financial information.
The FASB will propose an ASU that would provide a goodwill impairment triggering event alternative for certain entities.