© 2021 RSM US LLP. All rights reserved.
Complex Accounting and Financial Reporting
It can be challenging to allocate in-house resources to manage the research, resolutions and documentation of complex accounting matters. From debt and equity financing to financial instruments and derivatives, not all middle market companies have the in-house resources to address these concerns.
Our dedicated team of advisors and industry specialists can help you navigate these challenges. They can help prepare financial statements, identify consolidation models, draft responses to SEC comment letters and serve as on-call advisors. Let RSM professionals help support your accounting and reporting needs.
We can assist with:
- Accounting for complex debt and equity financings, debt modifications, financial instruments and derivatives
- Responses to SEC comment letters
- Impairment analyses for both goodwill and long-lived assets
- Analysis of share-based payments
- Selection of the reporting currency and the analysis of foreign currency transactions
- Identification of appropriate consolidation models including consideration of variable interest or voting interest entities
- Audit readiness support – Preparation of financial statements and disclosures, identification of weaknesses, audit support for complex accounting matters
- On-call advisory services
- Outsourced financial accounting support
most recent insights
The CAQ has issued a publication that describes how accounting and auditing standards apply to climate-related risks.
We have updated two of our white papers to reflect an update in the SBA’s PPP loan FAQ for borrowers and lenders.
The FASB recently updated its Accounting Standards Codification pursuant to SEC Releases No. 33-10786 and No. 33-10835.
Once becoming a publicly owned company, the SPAC transaction journey must be undertaken with advanced planning.
The SEC will require certain disclosures by China-based operating companies and offshore issuers associated therewith.
SEC auditor independence considerations for private equity funds with a registered investment adviser or an initial public offering.