© 2018 RSM US LLP. All rights reserved.
Robotic Process Automation
Automate business processes with a digital workforce to gain efficiencies and lower costs
Robotic process automation (RPA) is driving the development of today’s digital workforce. With RPA, organizations across all industries can leverage a set of modular software programs – or bots – to automate structured, repeatable, logic-based tasks. RPA enables middle market organizations to scale operations efficiently with minimal impact to existing business processes.
With RPA, organizations can increase productivity and efficiency and focus their employees on higher value strategic activities. Since robots do not make judgement calls, mistakes can be reduced and cost savings can be recognized to generate a rapid return on investment (ROI).
Although RPA can be applied across any repeatable, rule-driven business process, it is most frequently deployed in the following sample use cases:
Finance and accounting:
- Order to cash / Accounts receivable
- Procure to pay / Accounts payable
- Record to report
Sales and marketing:
- Vendor management
- Sales orders and quoting
- Trends and competitor tracking
Human resources and payroll:
- Maintain master data
- Onboarding and offboarding
- Payroll processes
- Payment summaries
- Service desk reports
Network and IT:
- Active directory
- FTP management
- Server and application alert management
- Service desk management
- VMware integration
- Routine maintenance
Operations and supply chain:
- Order prioritization
- Master data management
- Invoice verification
- Inventory management processes
- Billing and freight costing
RSM’s approach to RPA:
RSM has partner with Automation Anywhere to deliver customized RPA solutions to our clients. With Automation Anywhere, our clients gain access to the platform on which more than 1,100 organizations have built an intelligent digital workforce using RPA. Automation Anywhere’s enterprise-grade platform uses software bots that work side by side with employees to reduce repetitive work. Automation Anywhere provides an AI-enabled solution to manage and scale business processes faster, with near-zero error rates, while dramatically reducing operational costs. Automation Anywhere is the proven RPA industry leader and enables RSM to provide our clients with customized industry solutions for healthcare, technology, manufacturing, insurance and financial services industries.
RSM approaches RPA implementation in three stages:
- RPA Rapid Assessment® - A two to four week assessment process to determine the feasibility of RPA within an organization and develop an RPA roadmap. This process may contain a small proof of concept and identifies licensing requirements.
- RPA pilot – This one to three month process moves RPA into the production stage. An initial environment is setup and two to four processes are put into production. Initial client training is conducted and ROI is confirmed.
- RPA scale-up – During this six to 12 month phase, a definitive plan is put into action and business users are enabled. A center of excellence is established to drive the RPA operating model and the robotic development life cycle (RDLC) is implemented. Ongoing support plans are also developed in this stage.
Ready to get started? Contact us today.
Call us at 800.274.3978 to schedule a no-obligation call to discuss how our RPA consultants can help you today or submit our online form:
CONTACT OUR TEAM
Robotic Process Automation Lead