Companies of all sizes can realize substantial financial and business benefits from an IPO—especially now with favorable economic conditions. But going public isn’t the right move for every business.
Before you decide if it’s right for yours, weigh the advantages and disadvantages to your organization.
- Shareholder expectations
- Current stock market conditions
- Amount of capital to be raised
- The future outlook for your business
- The industry in which it operates
- Your willingness to allow much greater transparency of your company’s operations
Weighing the advantages and disadvantages of going public can help you decide whether or not going public is the right choice for your midmarket business.