© 2021 RSM US LLP. All rights reserved.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 solutions for brick-and-mortar retail
As a proven thought leader in the retail industry—and home to several of the most notable Microsoft Dynamics 365 developers worldwide—RSM’s consultants have proven, hands-on experience integrating Microsoft Dynamics 365 solutions in brick-and-mortar retail establishments around the globe.
As one of the largest Dynamics 365 practices in the United States, RSM is certified and partnered with Microsoft at the highest levels, recognized as both a Microsoft Dynamics Business Solution Partner and Microsoft Gold Partner. These credentials leave RSM consultants uniquely positioned to provide a superior customer experience for clients in the physical retail space, bringing them the proven power and capability of RSM’s flexible, end-to-end solution suite designed exclusively for the retail industry—built on the Microsoft Dynamics 365 platform.
RSM consultants deliver top-tier retail performance for brick-and-mortar clients
While digitalization now enables shoppers to engage with brands across a wide variety of online and other media, the reality remains that out of every $15 spent on retail, more than $14 are still spent in physical, brick-and-mortar stores. Leaders in this space can cater to the customer by providing a dynamic, interactive in-store experience—a capability only made possible when enterprise-wide visibility at the most granular level is met with top-of-the-line technology that enables point-of-sale (POS) employees to deliver a personalized, tailored customer experience, every time.
Professional services leadership—combined with unparalleled technical experience and best-of-breed partner certifications—make RSM’s team of specialists uniquely qualified to deliver Dynamics 365 to brick-and-mortar retail clients, helping them meet customer expectations around timeliness, quality and professionalism to stand out in an increasingly competitive industry landscape—turning every shopper interaction into an opportunity for growth.
RSM understands brick-and-mortar pain points, business drivers
RSM’s Microsoft Dynamics 365 consultants have years of experience providing an intricate level of support for brick-and-mortar retail clients, helping them pinpoint the business and operational challenges associated with the key business drivers for their industry—and revealing exactly how Dynamics 365 for retail can help them meet critical operational criteria, including requirements to:
- Facilitate omnichannel retail: Track and follow customers as they move across different channels, establishing brick-and-mortar stores as key players in the omnichannel retail landscape. Ensure branding and pricing strategies are consistent across digital and physical environments, empowering in-store employees to provide a consistent and seamless customer experience with each customer engagement.
- Optimize supply chain and distribution management: Gain real-time, actionable insights into inventory levels, warehouse and transportation logistics, and supply chain operations across any store or channel to help scale resources to meet a range of distribution demands, from high-volume warehouse pick and pack operations to small parcel order fulfillment. Optimize centralized distribution or enable a lean supply chain model through direct store delivery as required.
- Fulfill customer demands for delivery speed and flexibility: Cater to customers accustomed to the quick turnarounds and flexible delivery options traditionally offered by e-commerce retailers by providing similar agility in the brick-and-mortar environment, offering services such as order splitting, ship-to-store for pickup, and ship-from-store, powered by cross-channel collaboration and more direct supplier and distribution center communications.
- Customize POS interactions: Empower employees with a 360-degree view of the customer through clientelling at POS locations, allowing them to instantly view shoppers’ sales histories, transaction details and wish lists—whether accrued online or in-store—to enable more targeted and tailored customer service and provide an opportunity for upsell and cross-sell based on customers’ purchase patterns and preferences.
- Improve employee efficiency and enterprise-wide visibility: Provide staff on the shop floor with tools designed to optimize performance across a variety of role requirements, from cash reconciliation and drawer management to inventory receipt, reporting and stock counts—all fueled by improved visibility across end-to-end business operations. Leverage this same transparency to provide customers with in-depth product details such as reviews that can lead to more informed purchase decisions.
With their proven track record delivering technology solutions that help brick-and-mortar retail clients streamline operations, boost efficiencies and improve sales performance, RSM’s Dynamics 365 consultants specialize in meeting exactly these types of industry-specific challenges, addressing these business drivers and more through the power and flexibility of RSM’s end-to-end retail solution suite, built on Dynamics 365.
RSM delivers Dynamics 365 functionality, designed specifically for brick-and-mortar retail
Built directly on the powerful Microsoft Dynamics 365 platform, RSM’s solution is a single-platform, end-to-end solution specifically designed to give brick-and-mortar clients the visibility and agility they need to succeed in an increasingly competitive, omnichannel retail environment. With tools that provide associates with the knowledge and insights they need to drive more effective and informed customer interactions, the solution includes functionality such as:
- In-store tracking: Receiving instant updates as merchandise travels across the supply chain, retail associates are equipped to accurately respond to inquiries into enterprise-wide inventory levels, backorders and layaway progress for customers. Retailers are also able to optimize back-office, in-store functions by automatically organizing and maintaining labor records, work orders, sales orders and quotes in real time as they’re processed.
- Cross-channel integration: Expanding the reach and effectiveness of marketing campaigns and outreach efforts, staff can create retail promotions, then publish and advertise these offers on social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter, allowing customers to redeem them in store via specialized barcodes, tracking each redemption for a closed-loop marketing analysis.
- Centralized returns management: Speeding and simplifying the returns process through a central management system that leverages in-house resources, associates can quickly retrieve original POS receipts regardless of where the sale originated, scanning a barcode to reveal item return eligibility, helping to reduce fraud and ensure overall accuracy.
- Role-based POS user interface: Optimizing interactions across levels, regions, stores and even associates themselves, users can tailor the POS interface for role-based flexibility, adjusting data access levels as required, so cashiers can perform functions such as inventory lookup, while store managers can quickly view data such as sales levels by staff.
- Store configuration and assortment management: Streamlining and organizing cross-chain retail information, including distribution schedules, POS operations and time zone data, users can configure each location to operate as an integral part of the whole, managing a variety of assortment details such as product breadth, quantity and variety, to ensure consistency.
- Automated financial control: Reducing the potential for human error inherent in such functions as cash reconciliation, tax calculation and statement preparation, retailers can automatically perform mission-critical financial functions as well as help ensure custom pricing and percentage discount structures established at the store level are consistent and accurate.
Built on the powerful, flexible Microsoft Dynamics 365 platform, RSM’s solution for retail is specifically designed to help brick-and-mortar retailers meet these and other critical functionality requirements, adapting to meet a variety of user demands. Adding retail-specific accelerators from RSM to enhance out-of-the-box capabilities from the onset optimizes how efficiently and effectively RSM’s brick-and-mortar clients are able to respond to standard and evolving industry-specific challenges, speeding and streamlining opportunities for success.
As an industry and technology certified Microsoft partner, RSM is one of a select few of co-development and emerging market partners working on micro-vertical specific application enhancement retail. RSM has earned Microsoft’s gold Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) competency in the Microsoft Partner Network as well as a Global Independent Software Vendor (GISV) status.
- Inner Circle for Microsoft Dynamics
- Microsoft Distribution Excellence Award
- Certified for Microsoft Dynamics 365 (CfMD)
- Retail Solution Center Partner
- Distribution Solution Center Partner
- Global Development Localization Partner Advisory Board
- RFID Partner Advisory Council
- Dynamics 365 X++ Development I
- Dynamics 365 X++ Development II
- Dynamics 365 Enterprise Portal Development I
- Dynamics 365 Advanced Administration
- Reporting and Business Analysis for Dynamics 365
Ready to Get Started? Contact Our Team.
Call us at 800.274.3978 or send us a message: