© 2019 RSM US LLP. All rights reserved.
NetSuite for Trade Associations
Association Management Solution for NetSuite
Associations have a unique set of requirements that are currently unfulfilled by the leading middle market enterprise resource planning (ERP) solutions. However, association management systems (AMS) on the market are very industry specific and lack the full functionality of a traditional ERP system that includes accounting, sales, purchasing, inventory, customer relationship management (CRM) and more. In addition, most existing AMS solutions lack robust ecommerce capabilities for managing web transactions and online customer and member interactions. This often requires associations to implement and maintain integrations with third-party systems.
Utilizing the world’s leading cloud ERP for the middle market – Oracle NetSuite - as the base platform, RSM has developed an extensive AMS for NetSuite that addresses today’s digital challenges and allows trade associations to focus on their business instead of their legacy and disparate business systems.
- True multi-tenant cloud platform - your data is safely managed and you never have to worry about system uptime or upgrades again. An internet connection and device with a browser are your only infrastructure requirements.
- Deep support for Membership - registration, manual and auto-renewals, online membership, individual vs corporate, etc.
- Subscription Management - manage publications and access to third party systems like eLearning
- Event Registration - support for integration to specialized event management systems
- Sponsorships – allow companies to register as sponsors, bundle together and negotiate sponsorship packages
- Online Customer/Member Portal – fully integrated portal where customers and members can log in to manage/personalize their account and process additional payments, renewals and transactions
- Affiliate/Chapter Management – establish and manage rosters of active and past members for local chapters, track volunteer activities
- Foundation/Donations – accept donations online and provide support for recurring donations
NetSuite Buyer's Guide
In this guide, you'll find information on NetSuite pricing, product comparisons, a free trial, and instructions on how to qualify and purchase. For a more detailed breakdown on pricing options, download our FREE NetSuite buyer’s guide.
A flexible cloud based ERP system like NetSuite provides robust functionality while reducing internal IT management needs. Since most trade organizations carry unique nuances and requirements for the industry they support, NetSuite provides the ideal platform due to its easy configurability. This flexibility has allowed RSM to build out a collection of AMS functions to support trade associations that we are able to install and configure into your NetSuite solution.
Key Functional Areas
- Streamline the ability to attract, sell and renew individual memberships, including online account management for members and ease of use for membership care teams.
- Support the sale and administration of organizational memberships, with the ability to track a company roster of assigned benefits, provide support for mid-year additions and allow renewals with corporate billing.
- Track a comprehensive membership life cycle, including prospective and active members, in-process renewals, and expired and cancelled memberships; with the ability to see a member's full history at a glance.
- Increase financial accuracy, audit control and revenue recognition for memberships, effectively spreading revenue over membership terms with the ability to manage mid-term membership cancellations and refunds.
- Streamline the membership renewal process by auto-creating proforma invoices, allowing auto-renew of memberships and offering flexible grace periods to maximize renewal rates.
- Maintain a full contact database of active, expired and prospective members that is easy to search, filter and update.
- Leverage do-it-yourself reporting tools to create financial reports, analytics and membership summaries in seconds.
- Improve member communication and experience through a full self-service online portal, automated invoices, tailored emails and newsletters.
- Streamline the ability to sell and renew subscription products, including publications, magazines and other subscription offerings that integrate with outside services for fulfillment (such as eLearning platforms).
- Sell bulk subscriptions that are spread out and distributed across many recipients.
- Leverage the ability to bundle complementary subscriptions with other core products, such as memberships, so that they are automatically sold and linked together.
- Track a comprehensive subscription life cycle, including prospective and active subscriptions, in-process renewals, and expired and cancelled subscriptions; with the ability to see a customer's full subscription history at a glance.
- Increase financial accuracy, audit control and revenue recognition for subscriptions, effectively spreading revenue over subscription terms and accommodating various delivery schedules (such as monthly vs. quarterly).
- Manage delivery types for subscriptions, such as printed vs. digital, with the ability to specify rules for allowable delivery types based on purchase context.
- Manage publication events, with the ability to send to a roster of subscription recipients.
- Setup and configuration of event items in the backend just like any other item.
- Tiered date based pricing with member and non-member considerations.
- Capacity and waitlist management with the ability to link sub items for rolled up capacity considerations.
- Multi-level parent child hierarchy to support different registration types and rules.
- Product groupings for processing add-ons with event registrations such as memberships and donations.
- Support for proxy registration, where the person processing the registration is not always the person attending the event.
- Robust views of registrations and attendees across current and historical events.
- Configurable revenue recognition logic.
- Develop, market and sell sponsorship packages that bundle together a wide range of products and services
- Support for negotiated pricing, allowing reps to specify a total price for the entire sponsorship package.
- Automatically create and track sponsorship obligations in NetSuite using tasks, which are assigned to employees, displayed directly on dashboards and then tracked to completion.
- Ability to manage revenue recognition rules by item within a sponsorship package to support certain rules like recognizing advertising revenue on the print date, etc.
- Ability to track present and historical customer/member volunteer services.
- Automated promotions and discounts based on volunteer status.
- Management of volunteer positions such as committee chairs and special interest group leaders.
- Track each member’s affiliation with local chapters, also allowing them to select a primary chapter associated with their account.
- Setup affiliates/chapters in NetSuite and capture core attributes (such as type, ZIP code service areas, recertification provider status, etc.)
- Establish rosters of active and past members for each chapter; import audit events directly into NetSuite for comparison against a chapter’s active roster.
- Track volunteer terms for those who serve in chapter leadership roles.
- Fully integrated SuiteCommerce My Account/Portal for members and customers.
- Access to open and previously closed transactions that are submitted through the web or directly in the backend.
- Ability to access and update key profile information; name, demographics data, payment information, membership data, and more.
- Ability to process online payments for open transactions such as membership renewal proforma’s.
- Access to digital files and documents for downloading
- Ability to integrate with outside systems such as community sites, learning systems, and certification platforms.
- B2B capabilities for processing transactions for trade show exhibits and booths.
- Functionality to support booth attributes such as booth number, booth size, add-ons, etc.
- Ability to charge for booths using bill schedules. Example: 20% down and remainder due XX days before event start date.
- Configurable logic for managing upgrades, downgrades, and cancellations.
- Ability to integrate with third party show planning software such as A2Z, ExpoCad, ETouches/Aventri, etc.
- Configurable revenue recognition logic.
Let RSM help digitally modernize your trade organization's critical operations and bring your data into a single system. Whether your organization needs all of these areas of functionality, or just a selected few, we can develop a NetSuite strategy to accomplish your goals.
Why partner with RSM?
Ready to Get Started? Contact Our Team.
Call us at 800.274.3978 or send us a message: