© 2019 RSM US LLP. All rights reserved.
Tax services for technology, media and telecommunications companies
Identifying opportunities to minimize tax and compliance burdens for technology, media and telecommunications companies.
Technology, media and telecommunications (TMT) companies are facing a variety of tax issues, from sales and use considerations to transfer pricing. It’s crucial that middle market TMT companies and their owners understand the key decisions and regulations that may affect their business operations.
RSM’s tax professionals can help TMT companies navigate today’s evolving environment, whether those changes concern federal, state and local tax issues, or global tax needs. We combine industry experience with tax knowledge to help you maximize the contribution to your bottom line.
Our specific industry services include:
- Federal, state and international tax compliance and planning
- Intellectual property planning
- Transfer pricing
- Assistance with accounting for income taxes under FASB ASC 740 and uncertain tax positions
- Maximizing research and development credit opportunities
- Sales and use tax consulting for digital goods and services
- Identifying the impact of digital goods and services on your state nexus profile
- Merger and acquisition assistance
Program offers credit against the corporation business tax and the gross income tax for certain digital media content expenses.
The IRS is reconsidering the traditional rule requiring revenue to satisfy the active trade or business requirement of section 355.
Qualifying New Jersey technology and biotech companies may sell unused NOLs and R&D credits to certain corporate taxpayers.
HOW CAN WE HELP YOU?
To discuss how our team can help you solve your issues and address your business concerns, contact us by phone +1 800 274 3978 or submit your questions, comments or proposal requests.