© 2021 RSM US LLP. All rights reserved.
Cloud computing from first steps to full implementation
Find out the cloud benefits of moving your organization
Migrating to the cloud has helped countless organizations increase their efficiency, access advanced technology and implement scalable solutions—all while improving their cybersecurity posture and gaining competitive advantages. Cloud computing could be a major factor in your organization’s success, helping your company to become more agile, flexible and adaptable. But to begin your cloud computing journey, you will need an advisor who can provide key insights to guide you through the potential risks and amplify the cloud benefits.
What cloud benefits should I expect?
Some gains will come more quickly than others—and some will be more profound and striking—but in general, the cloud offers the following opportunities and benefits to your organization:
- Easy accessibility. As long as you have internet access, you can access the cloud.
- Rapid scalability. Your cloud solution can be scaled quickly, either horizontally (to meet short-term demands) or vertically (to accommodate long-term demands). And it can be adapted to match business cycles.
- Improved cash flow. With the cloud, you can more easily convert capital expenditures into more predictable operating expenditures.
- Agility. Your cloud computing solution can be rapidly deployed. Procurement, hardware- and software-installation workloads are often eliminated.
- No additional costs. You pay only for the features that you use, not what you anticipate you may use. Furthermore, your budget can be adjusted to account for peak periods or temporary changes in your organization.
- Access to improved technology. The cloud offers organizations cost-effective options for utilizing advanced applications and high-tech solutions.
- Distributed nature. Even far-flung organizations—those with multiple offices or international locations— can access the organization’s cloud. This is beneficial when considering latency, regulatory concerns and continuity implications.
- Outsourced management. Utilizing the cloud makes it easier to work with a managed services provider to outsource some of your organization’s IT functions.
How do I get to the cloud?
Discover the answers to your questions about the cloud benefits in RSM’s updated e-book, Navigating Your Way Through The Cloud Journey. This e-book has been revised to address the latest trends in cloud computing, and it tackles the key steps of your cloud journey, including:
- Cloud benefits
- Defining your cloud philosophy
- Building a cloud roadmap
- Migrating to the cloud
- Managing your cloud computing assets
- Implementing transformational workloads
Cloud computing offers real advantages to your business
- It can provide access to advanced technology and capabilities that may have seemed out of reach.
- The cloud can help your organization become more agile, flexible and adaptable, while allowing your staff to better focus on your organization’s core mission.
- Migrating to the cloud can also increase your organization’s efficiency and productivity.
- On a financial level, a move to the cloud can keep your costs stable, allow you to ramp up or down to meet demand, and improve your cash flow.
- A successful cloud computing migration can even improve your relationship with your customers, while positioning your organization to adapt quickly to future trends and developments.
Why partner with RSM?
Our insights and portfolio of services reflect more than 30 years of technology consulting, implementation and monitoring experience. We work hard to understand your specific technology needs and provide the services to help you develop a customized, cost-effective cloud solution.