The globalization of real estate
Investors around the world are searching intensively for yield, and this is driving interest in real estate, particularly in properties located in the United States. For a number of reasons, international investors see the United States as a very desirable place to put capital.
In this Privcap video series, Aureon Herron-Hinds, senior manager in RSM’s international tax practice, Sean Bannon of Zurich Alternative Asset Management and Peter Merrigan of Taurus Investment Holdings discuss the evolving nature of global real estate, noting that:
- U.S. real estate is attracting strong interest from international investors
- The profile of the global real estate investor is changing
- Fund managers who take foreign investment face a series of challenges
- The outlook for global investment is positive
- The regulatory climate should continue unchanged
Watch the videos below, or download the video briefing, to learn more about the current and future investor environment for global real estate.