RSM Provides $90k to Help 9 Dreams Come to Life
Pursue Your Passion program encourages employees to fulfill personal and professional aspirations
RSM US LLP (“RSM”) – the nation’s leading provider of audit, tax and consulting services focused on the middle market – recently awarded nine employees from across the nation with $90,000 ($10,000 each) and nine paid-time-off (PTO) days to pursue their dreams through the firm’s Pursue Your Passion program.
In celebration of the firm’s 90th anniversary in 2016, RSM launched its Pursue Your Passion program to encourage its people to commemorate the milestone by applying for a chance to pursue their passions, with monetary support and time off from the firm. Following the success of the program over the first two years, RSM continued the contest. A team of employees and partners in the firm recently selected this year’s group of winners.
“At RSM, we understand the importance of helping our people achieve both their professional and personal goals,” said Doug Opheim, chief financial officer and chairman of the RSM US Foundation. “Our Pursue Your Passion program gives nine employees the opportunity each year to do just that. We are humbled each year by the caring nature our people display through their Pursue Your Passion projects, and we look forward to hearing our winners’ stories as they complete their activities throughout the year.”
RSM’s 2018 Pursue Your Passion winners are:
- Matt Dollard (director, Great Lakes region) – Pursue his life-long passion of creating hand-made furniture by studying alongside a master in a chair making class to acquire new skills and pass along his knowledge to others. See Matt’s Pursue Your Passion submission here.
- Chris Guido (client account manager, Northeast region) – Assist his local elementary school in advancing a new focus on science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) by helping to set up a designated space for children to solve problems, invent and be creative. See Chris’ Pursue Your Passion submission here.
- Joy Herrmann (assurance manager, Northeast region) – Participate in a mission trip with Living Water International to bring clean water to people in need in Honduras and teach proper sanitation techniques to build a sustainable future. See Joy’s Pursue Your Passion submission here.
- Mary Clare Kaiser (marketing associate, Central region) – Provide her uncle, who was recently diagnosed with ALS, with a speech-generating device so he can better communicate with his family as well as raise funds for local care services through “Walk to Beat ALS.” See Mary’s Pursue Your Passion submission here.
- Andrew Leonard (senior director, Central region) – Travel to a developing country to meet one of the many underprivileged children he has sponsored over the years and provide additional funds for the child and others in the area. See Andrew’s Pursue Your Passion submission here.
- Devon Maslyn (associate, West region) – Alongside his father, bike the Camino de Santiago, a network of trails in Spain that lead to the shrine of the apostle Saint James, to honor his mother who passed away from cancer. See Devon’s Pursue Your Passion submission here.
- Jacob Morse (associate, Central region) – Provide financial support and contribute his time to two organizations, Hope for Young Adults with Cancer and First Descents, to help young adults with cancer. See Jacob’s Pursue Your Passion submission here.
- Bryan O’Neal (supervisor, Great Lakes region) – Assist a local not-for-profit that provides affordable home-like accommodations for families of patients receiving medical care by outfitting its playroom with all new furniture, toys and games. See Bryan’s Pursue Your Passion submission here.
- Megan Reishus (associate, Central region) – Continue to pursue her passion for playing handbells by purchasing equipment for her ensemble and helping the team share the music of the instrument that they love with others. See Megan’s Pursue Your Passion submission here.
About RSM US LLP
RSM’s purpose is to deliver the power of being understood to our clients, colleagues and communities through world-class audit, tax and consulting services focused on middle market businesses. The clients we serve are the engine of global commerce and economic growth, and we are focused on developing leading professionals and services to meet their evolving needs in today’s ever-changing business environment.
RSM US LLP is the U.S. member of RSM International, a global network of independent audit, tax and consulting firms with 51,000 people across 123 countries. For more information, visit rsmus.com, like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and/or connect with us on LinkedIn.