If the past year has taught us anything, it’s that the nature of work has changed forever. More than ever, employees expect to be able to work securely from anywhere, on any device, with productivity tools that enhance the quality and effectiveness of their work experience.
Microsoft Modern Workplace is a suite of applications that encompasses the entirety of Microsoft 365. It includes Office 365, Windows 10 Enterprise and Enterprise Mobility + Security, as well as a variety of productivity and collaboration tools. Modern Workplace promotes collaboration across geographies with applications such as Teams and SharePoint, alongside the powerful collaboration features built into familiar Office 365 applications, such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Azure Virtual Desktop further facilitates remote work by allowing users to access their desktop from any device should your policy and work environment require this solution.
Modern Workplace also facilitates automation with Microsoft Power Automate, which enables you to apply modern robotic process automation (RPA) across the enterprise. Automating repetitive tasks boosts productivity and gives employees more time to focus on innovation rather than administrative tasks. In conjunction with Power Apps, you can leverage a robust platform of connectors to enhance work.
The challenge for organizations is how to empower their people while maintaining top-level security and efficiency. With help from Microsoft’s Modern Workplace solutions and RSM, you can accomplish those goals: You can improve employee productivity and satisfaction and create seamless communication and collaboration while maintaining the security and integrity of your systems and data.
Keeping your information secure
With the average cost of a data breach ranging from $178,000 for small and midsize businesses to $5.6 million for larger companies, keeping your data secure is an absolute imperative. Microsoft Modern Workplace’s built-in security services protect your sensitive information—and that of your employees and customers—with a multi-pronged approach that encompasses people as well as technology.
Here’s what’s included:
- Identity and access management: With help from Microsoft 365, we can show you how to safeguard and manage users’ identities and control access to valuable resources. These actionable insights will help you develop a sound approach to securely managing users and groups.
- Threat protection: Together, RSM and Microsoft 365 help organizations proactively guard against security issues, identify breaches and threats using advanced analytics, and automate the response to any threats across your enterprise.
- Security management: Gain visibility and control over your organization’s security tools and keep pace with the cybersecurity landscape with a security operations center that helps you monitor and manage your data.
- Information protection: Keep your corporate data secure and compliant with granular permissioning so that authorized users—and only authorized users—can access information via their preferred devices and Microsoft 365 apps.
Maximizing the value of Microsoft Teams
Efficient communication and collaboration bring tremendous value to any organization. But how can you make that happen easily and effectively?
Microsoft Teams provides a hub for team collaboration, helping to increase employee productivity and satisfaction and saving you money. Here are some of its key functions:
- Deployment, security and governance: Let us deploy Teams for you and configure it to your needs regarding security, data retention, compliance and more.
- Education and user adoption: Tools are only useful if they’re used. We can help your organization get the most out of Teams by educating your employees on how to take full advantage of collaboration solutions that can lead to new ways of working more efficiently.
- Calling and meetings: We can help you create a single intelligent communication and collaboration experience for chat, calling and meetings with a portfolio of purpose-built devices powered by an intelligent backend.
- Custom solutions: From sales dashboards to process workflows, we can extend your Teams workspace with third-party apps, processes and devices to meet any of your communication challenges.
Managing your Microsoft 365 environment
Meeting your business-critical needs on a daily basis means your organization needs a reliable solution. RSM can help ensure that your Microsoft 365 environment stays up and running so you and your people can focus on work that really matters. Our management services include optimizing infrastructure and policies, onboarding new users, keeping software up to date and proactively addressing issues before they occur. Here’s how we can help:
- Intelligent security, built-in: We’ll work with you to create optimized policies that protect your organization from malicious attackers while letting your employees work the way they want.
- Easy to deploy and manage: We can ensure that both new and current PCs are enterprise-ready via a simple self-service experience. We’ll simplify your systems management with a unified admin console so you can concentrate on other core projects.
- Always up to date: Give your employees the latest functionality and security quickly and smoothly. We can help you plan updates for managed or zero impact on users by aligning update and cadence models for Windows 10 and Office 365 ProPlus.
- Proactive insights: We can help you reduce costs, outages and repair time with ongoing proactive insights that can diagnose and fix your users’ PC issues before the PCs go down.
The future of work is no longer a pipe dream—it’s already here. Companies are learning to get the job done wherever and whenever they need with tools they trust.
Microsoft’s Modern Workplace solutions from RSM can help your organization optimize your employees’ experience to make it more engaging, collaborative, efficient, and secure.
RSM is a gold-certified Microsoft enterprise advisor with decades of experience in industries such as retail, food and beverage, CPG, nonprofit, life sciences and industrials. We have more than 1,000 consultants with deep industry knowledge and access to proprietary applications that accelerate time-to-value for Microsoft solutions.
You can trust RSM for lifetime support guided by a business-first mentality that combines Microsoft experience with broader services in management and technology consulting, risk advisory, tax, IT infrastructure, data/analytics and more.