Summary of experience
Bill Gorman is the chief operating officer for RSM US LLP (RSM) and chair of the RSM Canadian operations board. In this role, he is responsible for the firm’s annual planning process, execution of its strategic priorities and operations. Gorman leads RSM’s business planning committee and its operations committee, and he is a member of the firm’s long-term strategic planning committee. He integrates expertise in strategy, operations management, finance, change management and issues management to drive results for the firm and deliver a positive RSM experience to clients, colleagues and communities.
Gorman previously served as the regional managing partner for RSM’s Southeast region and as assurance practice leader for the firm’s former East region and the Mid-Atlantic area. Before that, he was the partner-in-charge of audit and accounting for C. W. Amos & Company, a regional certified public accounting firm with offices in the Maryland and Washington, DC area, which merged with RSM (formerly McGladrey & Pullen) in 2000. He has held various leadership roles with RSM, including serving as a member of the partner compensation, risk oversight, strategic planning and quality control committees as well as the firm’s Board of Directors.
Gorman has more than 40 years of experience serving clients with assurance and business advisory services. He specializes in understanding the challenges, needs and expectations of middle market companies in the manufacturing, distribution, services and nonprofit industries. He has served clients with a variety of audit, tax and business advisory services, such as organizational restructuring, board development, asset divestiture, personnel assessment and counseling, financial reporting systems, dashboards and management benchmarking processes.
Professional Affiliations and Credentials
- Certified Public Accountant, Maryland
- Member, Maryland Association of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Past Chairman, Board of Directors, Bon Secours Hospital
- Past Member, Board of Trustees, Maryvale Preparatory School
- Past Member, Board of Advisors, Sellinger Business School of Loyola University
- Past Member, Board of Advisors, Business School of Mount Saint Mary’s University
- Past President, Baltimore Country Club
- Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science, Mount Saint Mary’s College