© 2021 RSM US LLP. All rights reserved.
NetSuite for Construction Companies
Whether you’re a residential contractor, commercial contractor, specialty trade/contractor or engineering firm, the demands of the construction industry change rapidly. You need an ERP system, like Oracle NetSuite, that is agile and can scale with your business. The correct ERP system can help manage common challenges, provide real-time visibility into expenses and revenue, and provide tools for consolidation and reporting as you grow. And the right advisor can help you optimize the value of your ERP investment.
At RSM, we make a commitment to understand you, your passion for the construction business and the importance of your projects to the overall economy. We understand the multiple risks involved in managing a construction project or capital improvement initiative, and we offer a customized ERP approach based on your unique needs. The key to building this understanding is knowing the construction industry as a whole, as well as the detailed issues related to its segments, and how we can help you use technology to keep up with the fast-paced nature of this industry.
Leveraging Oracle NetSuite, RSM has helped companies like yours gain better visibility into their business, position themselves for growth, and help manage and control the myriad costs and constraints that make a project successful. We design solutions to support your growth at every phase of development—from initial estimates and proposals through buyout, into construction, project and resource management, billing and applications for payment, revenue recognition, and eventually project close out.
By combining the power of NetSuite and the industry insights of RSM, we can help you make the right technology investments, at the right time, and set your company up for continued growth.
NetSuite Buyer's Guide
In this guide, you'll find information on NetSuite pricing, product comparisons, a free trial, and instructions on how to qualify and purchase. For a more detailed breakdown on pricing options, download our FREE NetSuite buyer’s guide.
NetSuite and construction
RSM’s NetSuite construction solution offers the best of NetSuite’s functionality, intelligently configured and designed for your construction business. We allow for you to focus on growth, efficiency, visibility and compliance.
- Rapid implementations – We have done numerous NetSuite implementations for construction companies and bring leading practices based on those past implementations as part of our construction accelerator. This background allows us to get your company up and running on NetSuite faster and more cost effectively.
- Scalability – NetSuite, a cloud-based ERP system, provides a scalable solution that will grow with you as you progress from pre-sales (proposals) to cost estimation, project and resource management, cost accounting, project close out and beyond.
- Controls – Auditable change controls, packaged approval workflows, preconfigured user roles for segregation of duties and strong internal financial controls provide compliance for the Sarbanes-Oxley Act and promote investor confidence. Recommended tools and processes can speed up your close and distribute data transparently and effectively.
- Project and resource management – NetSuite, along with ProScope (or a similar construction solution), delivers project and resource management and true project accounting, including time and expense entry and budgeting. The solution provides improved management of all resources (human, equipment and materials) and minimizes waste and delays.
- Global finance – The general ledger, payables and fixed assets are the engines that drive most transactions. NetSuite supports multiple legal entities, currencies and languages with strong consolidation reporting features. Some clients opt for expanded corporate performance management (CPM) tools to help budget, plan and forecast.
- Construction-specific functionality – The construction solution boasts industry-specific functionality such as: AIA-compliant billing, applications for payment, cost estimation (labor, materials and assets), project inventory, change order management, retentions (retainage), rental management and PDF quote designer.
A dedicated team
Across the United States, our firm has developed a cross-functional team of advisors focused on helping construction organizations like yours navigate the challenges of the industry. As a leading provider of audit, tax and consulting services focused on the middle market, we have the scale, industry insight and multidisciplinary range of services you require. RSM can provide solutions on a scale that’s right for your business today, and through our national and international reach, offer the resources to take your business into the future.
RSM is one of the largest and most highly decorated Oracle NetSuite partners globally, and serves as a Solution Provider Partner, Alliance Partner, and BPO Partner for NetSuite. RSM is the trusted advisor to middle market companies for the evaluation, selection, implementation and support of our customers’ NetSuite investment. With more than 100 offices across the North America and a global network with established NetSuite practices in 14 countries, RSM has certified and highly experienced NetSuite resources around the world. With our unique understanding of the middle market, we’ve helped thousands of companies move forward with confidence. We listen closely to make sure we understand you, your business and your organization’s culture, so that you experience the power of being understood.