© 2018 RSM US LLP. All rights reserved.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 clinical trial solutions
As proven life sciences industry thought leaders—and home to several of the most recognized Dynamics 365 developers across the globe—RSM combines its extensive technical knowledge and top-tier, industry-specific certifications to help clinical trial companies realize the incredible power and potential of the Dynamics 365 platform.
As one of the largest Dynamics 365 practices in the United States, RSM is partnered with Microsoft at the highest level—recognized as both a Microsoft Dynamics Business Solution Partner and Microsoft Gold Partner—and leverages these certifications and qualifications to help clients streamline operations, boost efficiencies and improve collaboration with the game-changing functionality of the Dynamics 365 life sciences solution for clinical trial operations.
Clinical trial operators need targeted technologies today, functionality for the future
Maintaining the integrity of a clinical trial operation requires robust procedures and systems designed to minimize drop-outs, increase study execution efficiency and drive robust data analysis—initiatives only made possible when companies have steps in place for effective data capture, management and reporting across every critical touch point in the process. With the National Institutes of Health reporting continued growth in clinical trial development—registering 219,969 studies to date this year, up from only 5,633 in 2000—it’s now more important than ever for trial operators to have a single source of true and accurate data. Having this functionality in a commercial, production-ready system allows them not only to maximize return on investment and ensure regulatory compliance, but also to be ideally positioned for potentially explosive post-trial growth.
RSM understands business drivers around clinical trial operations
RSM’s Dynamics 365 consultants have years of experience working across diverse segments within the life sciences industry—including providing a highly specialized level of support for the management of complex clinical trials—enabling them to pinpoint the operational challenges and opportunities specific to this segment of the industry, and provide solutions that allow their clients to:
- Maximize opportunities for growth: Take advantage of the powerful growth opportunities that exist beyond clinical trials with commercial production-ready systems that can scale to accommodate future expansion while also meeting current clinical project needs.
- Improve data visibility and control: Gain deep visibility into outsourced or in-house pharmaceutical processing supply chains to stay up to date and increase responsiveness to changes in clinical demand, tracking deliveries and inventories as required for studies.
- Tightly control resources: Leverage clinical project management and accounting solutions to control and scale resources for maximum efficiency while also ensuring compliance with industry-specific regulations. Track spending—such as material costs, clinician payments, unused product disposal and outside services such as those purchased from clinical research organizations—to better manage expenses. Invoice accurately based on criteria such as time and material, percent complete, suite time, milestones, minimum batch sizes and changeover fees.
- Strengthen reporting capabilities: More accurately report on expenses, consumption and supply via built-in portals for employees, vendors, suppliers and clinicians. Encourage collaboration between outside partners—such as contract manufacturers and logistics companies—through a single interface that provides real-time status updates and reporting capabilities.
- Leverage opportunities for engagement: Build interest and participation in clinical trials through integration with social and mobile technologies, helping to improve recruitment efforts, boost patient awareness, reduce bias, increase patient retention and diminish costs associated with site monitoring and retention.
With a proven track record of life sciences industry success, RSM’s Dynamics 365 consultants are ideally suited to deliver technology solutions that help clinical trial operators improve research accuracy and integrity, streamline visibility and reporting, control resources and costs, and maximize return on investment. With Dynamics 365-based solutions that streamline operations across the supply chain and ensure regulatory compliance, clinical trial operators are also poised to make the leap to post-trial commercial operations with a production-ready system able to efficiently handle exponential growth.
Robust Dynamics 365 solutions, tailored to clinical trials
The Dynamics 365 platform provides functionality designed specifically to give clinical trial operators the data management and operational oversight capabilities they need to encourage patient participation, accurately track and measure progress and results, gain visibility into all data from a single system, and achieve required levels of traceability, with features that include:
- Automated, centralized data management: Transitioning from manual or only partially automated spreadsheet-based data management to the fully automated Dynamics 365 solution, clinical trial operators are able to eliminate data silos, streamline disparate business processes and encourage collaboration—all with a fully connected, enterprise-wide solution that serves as a single source of true and accurate data. With only one, centralized operational system, full visibility is gained into deviations, variances and constraints, ensuring they are able to be managed quickly and efficiently.
- Streamlined data collection and reporting: Streamlining data collection in real time, clinical trial operators are better able to understand the true costs of production, distribution and clinical operations to facilitate more informed decision-making and forecasts. The solution’s built-in portals allow employees, vendors, suppliers and clinicians to more accurately report on expenses, consumption and supply costs.
- Integrated contract service provider tools: Leveraging built-in tools for collaboration, clinical trial operators are able to integrate Dynamics 365 functionality into contract service provider systems to achieve full visibility from API suppliers, bulk processors, packagers and third-party logistics providers.
- Automated planning engine: Accessing automated controls for financial planning and cost management, clinical trial operators are able to establish a leaner business model, responding quickly in the event of shortages or delays while also reducing inventory carrying costs and contract manufacturer fees for changeovers and minimum orders.
- Interactive collaboration tools: Operating from a single system, using the same information, and escalating efficiently—responding in real time to potential delays in areas such as packaging and labeling confirmation, batch records or quality release—trial operators are able to quickly mine data for relevant information, then direct that information to specific stakeholders for speedy resolution.
RSM’s Dynamics 365 solution for life sciences is strategically designed to help all segments within that industry meet strict functionality and compliance requirements while also addressing industry demands around accuracy, quality and performance. For clinical trial operators, it also ensures that as their biologic license application (BLA) or new drug application (NDA) date approaches, they are ideally positioned to transition to the next level of commercial operations with a system able to fully support dynamic—and potentially exponential—post-trial growth.
Ready to Get Started? Contact Our Team.
Call us at 800.274.3978 or send us a message: