© 2019 RSM US LLP. All rights reserved.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 produce solutions
With a strong and long-standing track record of success in the produce industry, RSM’s highly certified Dynamics 365 consultants are uniquely qualified to deliver technology solutions that help produce client’s fuel growth and profitability while minimizing cost and risk.
They bring together an unstoppable combination of forces on behalf of these clients: the extensive experience and knowledge base of the largest Dynamics 365 practice in the United States, years of client successes in the produce industry, and the power and capability of Microsoft Dynamics 365 for growers, packers and shippers—RSM’s field-to-fork solution suite for the produce industry, built on the Microsoft Dynamics 365 platform.
Vertical specialization and focus drive RSM’s success in the produce industry
With active ongoing memberships and presenter engagements with both the United Fresh Produce Association and the Produce Marketing Association (the industry's two leading trade organizations), RSM has been recognized for its superior industry knowledge and level of technical innovation with the selection of two of its most senior Dynamics 365 consultants to serve on the United Fresh Food Safety & Technology Council, a group considered by many to be the industry’s strongest technical and leadership resource.
RSM’s unwavering focus on produce is also evident in the range of award-winning, industry-specific technology innovations it has developed over the years, as well as its commitment to leverage its vertical capabilities to deliver produce-industry enterprise resource planning (ERP) implementations using its rapid optimization implementation (ROI) process, which packages its industry-specific solution suite with best practices and preconfiguration options, resulting in shorter than normal implementation times, lower risk and faster time to value—efficiencies that save enough time to allow optimization of each client’s distinct differentiators and enable them to leverage competitive advantage from day one.
Food and Beverage
Connect with Chris
CLEARthru - Field-to-fork traceability solution
CLEARthruTM is the first enterprise resource planning (ERP)-based blockchain traceability solution that brings best-in-class supply chain integrity, safety and product source tracking information to consumers. By leveraging blockchain technology, CLEARthru provides access to information across the value chain in seconds.
As your advisor to the food and beverage industry, RSM is uniquely qualified with deep expertise in the food and produce industry. We are capabable of supporting an array of technologies and disciplines and can help you integrate to the blockchain. Learn more about CLEARthru here >
RSM understands produce industry business drivers
It should go without saying that there is no substitute for industry experience. RSM offers the produce industry the unsurpassed proficiency of top-tier Microsoft Dynamics 365 consultants who also have years of proven success in this complex and challenging vertical arena. Bringing these highly specialized skill sets to bear alongside the company’s powerful ERP solution—Dynamics 365 for Produce—enables RSM’s produce clients to successfully meet many of this dynamic industry’s most common business and operational goals, which include requirements to:
- Manage complex field-to-fork operations in one single, fully integrated platform so produce clients are able to scale to meet and exceed corporate goals—whether these include global operations, product line expansions or both
- Reduce costs while driving higher margins and profitability through process and system automation, operational improvements, advanced business reporting metrics and effective management of complex grower accounting data and calculations
- Increase top-line revenue through advanced business reporting metrics that identify top performers, as well as inventory visibility that captures the value that demanding customers have for the freshest products
- Gain visibility into profitability and other business-critical operating metrics with a clear view into enterprise-wide operations while also accomplishing complex, industry-specific needs analysis with complete grower accounting functionality
Uniquely positioned to help produce clients grow and scale their businesses, simplify and speed processes, and make smarter, faster, better-informed decisions, RSM consultants specialize in addressing just these types of industry challenges, delivering measurable improvements and efficiencies to critical business operations.
RSM delivers unrivaled Dynamics 365 solutions, designed exclusively for produce
Built on the Dynamics 365 platform and designed to give produce clients the flexibility, visibility and scalability they need to drive revenue and support sustainable growth, RSM’s Dynamics 365 for Produce is a true field-to-fork solution that addresses the unique and complex requirements that characterize this industry, while also helping to ensure compliance with robust regulatory requirements, featuring functionality such as:
- Advanced lot trace: Streamlining the Produce Traceability Initiative (PTI) and similar compliance efforts while enabling rapid responses to critical scenarios, users enjoy complete visibility—forward and backward—into raw materials, intermediates and finished products through all stages of the supply chain, using automated, electronic processes to manage critical control points (CCP) in their supply chain, develop food safety and recall plans, and manage traceability. RSM’s easy-to use Lot Trace Wizard provides a user-friendly way to execute traces through a series of intuitive questions that allow users to pinpoint bad lots—this PTI-compliant solution accommodates global trade item number (GTIN), Global Data Synchronization Network (GDSN) field names, County of Origin, Unit of Measure Codes, bar code formatting and packaging type codes.
- Direct store delivery: Delivering perfect orders every time and simplifying the end-to-end route accounting process, users tasked with on-time delivery of consumable and perishable products for distribution improve efficiency, delivery productivity and margin with this delivery route accounting and management tool that support static and ad hoc routes, load sequencing, delivery calendars, route optimization, vendor-managed inventory and delivery via distribution centers.
- Grower accounting: Organizing, simplifying and automating the grower liquidation process by tracking defined parameters, such as grade, diverse units of measurement and harvest timing, users are able to automatically track transactions—recording both inventory and accruals to the general ledger—with this solution that delivers the flexibility needed to accommodate complex liquidations.
- Mobile traceability: Extending product source and safety information all the way to the customer’s fingertips via mobile devices, consumer users can easily trace items they intend to purchase via tablets or smartphones—either at the point of purchase or from the convenience of their home—providing both peace of mind for consumers and the ability for produce growers, shippers and manufacturers to provide those same consumers with value-added information such as recall notices, nutritional information and recipes, while also strengthening consumer connectivity and feedback.
- Produce quality control: Supporting critical initiatives around ensuring the quality of highly perishable produce, users gain flexible control of date-sensitive inventory with a quality control solution that supports sample testing and is tightly integrated with inventory functionality—a solution able to enact automatic quality assurance (QA) holds if tested specifications are not met, generate Pending Lot Expiration reports, and provide the first expired, first out (FEFO) stock controls so critical for companies dealing in perishable goods.
- Production scheduling: Optimizing seasonal, variable raw materials to maximize yields while also reducing the error, inefficiency and workload associated with manual production scheduling, produce manufacturers are able to improve the quality of production schedules to ensure they are able to quickly and seamlessly respond to schedule changes throughout the day, get the highest yields from available raw materials and production capabilities and schedule production in the most efficient, economical way possible, minimizing cleaning and changeover-driven downtime—all within the production constraints specified for each piece of equipment. Also enabling produce manufacturers to easily manage high-volume, last-minute orders and “make to order” processing with real-time visibility into production, allocations and logistics, this solution is a critical component of the value-added processing operations used by many of today’s produce manufacturers.
- Trade promotions management: Providing complete visibility into and control over business operations—from analysis, funding and planning, to implementation and claim processing—users are able to eliminate the overspending and write-offs typically associated with manual reconciliation of trade promotions by using this closed-loop, fully integrated solution that delivers the ability to track, control and analyze trade promotions, and to integrate pricing, order processing and financials throughout the enterprise.
- Warehouse operations, shelf life and mobility: Enabling the accurate inventory management needed to comply with customer contracts (particularly shelf-life timeline commitments), users are able to achieve the highest yields from raw materials and production capabilities while also charging premium prices for the freshest possible products with this accurate, easy-to-use tool to manage inventory and order data in real time—all with user-friendly warehouse interfaces and wireless connectivity between handheld devices and business management solutions.
These industry-specific functionality requirements are the very complexities a true industry-specific solution like Microsoft Dynamics 365 is built for, from the ground up. Adding produce industry accelerators from RSM to enhance out-of-the-box functionality from day one speeds and simplifies how RSM’s produce industry clients successfully meet many of their industry-specific challenges.
Microsoft has recognized RSM with a gold Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) competency in the Microsoft Partner Network as well as a Global Independent Software Vendor (GISV) status. RSM has also been awarded some of Microsoft’s most prestigious awards in vertical-specific areas.
- Inner Circle for Microsoft Dynamics
- Certified for Microsoft Dynamics 365 (CfMD)
- Global Development Localization Partner Advisory Board
- RFID Partner Advisory Council
- Dynamics 365 X++ Development I
- Dynamics 365 X++ Development II
- Dynamics 365 Enterprise Portal Development I
- Dynamics 365 Advanced Administration
Learn more with our datasheet: Dynamics 365 for growers, packers and shippers
Ready to Get Started? Contact Our Team.
Call us at 800.274.3978 or send us a message: