Getting a better view of next-generation ERP systems
CFO Research recently surveyed more than 250 U.S. senior finance executives, and 93 percent noted that chief financial officers (CFOs) will have to be more tech-savvy going forward. In addition, nearly two-thirds (65 percent) of respondents believed that the amount of time they devote to managing finance technology will increase.
As CFOs take on a more prominent leadership position with information technology infrastructure, one of the most complex systems that they are tasked with overseeing is enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems.
This e-book features a Q&A with Daniel Beil, a partner at RSM with more than 25 years of experience in accounting and technology consulting. In the e-book, he showcases how modern CFOs have a wide range of responsibilities that go far beyond managing the finance function, including:
- ERP’s growing role as a business performance tool
- How to know when to upgrade an ERP system
- What to look for in an ERP vendor
- The current state of the CFO and chief information officer relationship
- Strategies for a smooth ERP implementation
- A look at ERP technology’s future evolution
In addition, the following resources may be useful for companies actively considering selecting a new ERP system: