© 2021 RSM US LLP. All rights reserved.
Technical Accounting Consulting for Transformative Business Events
The accounting associated with transformative events often requires specialized skills as well as considerable effort and attention from a finance department. From mergers and acquisitions to initial public offerings, middle market companies often need assistance to develop accounting infrastructure, review policies and procedures, and address myriad tasks associated with these types of events.
Our team of experienced professionals can work with you to develop policies and procedures, identify areas for concern and help reduce risks. We can help your finance department ensure the accounting for these events is completed effectively and efficiently.
- Mergers and acquisitions – Day one accounting implications, review of policies and procedures and development, resolution of potential buy-side and sell-side accounting issues
- Restatement services – Identification and analysis of areas for concern, audit process management, and development of enhanced policies and procedures to reduce risk
- Management of the complexities of carve-outs and development of stand-alone accounting and financial reporting infrastructure
- Support throughout the entire initial public offering process, including risk identification and control assessments, governance and financial reporting
- Buy/sell side diligence – Creation of accounting structure, review of internal controls and processes, preparation of purchase accounting and opening balance sheets
most recent insights
How can life sciences companies looking to go public position themselves for success? It’s all about setting the stage early on.
From governance considerations to systems and controls, learn key IPO planning strategies for your technology company launch.
Once becoming a publicly owned company, the SPAC transaction journey must be undertaken with advanced planning.
Sell-side due diligence facilitates a more efficient transaction and offers a better understanding of a company’s strengths and weaknesses.
Failing to uncover significant operating and financial performance drivers can put a deal and the investors at risk and it’s not necessary.