© 2020 RSM US LLP. All rights reserved.
Complex Accounting and Financial Reporting
It can be challenging to allocate in-house resources to manage the research, resolutions and documentation of complex accounting matters. From debt and equity financing to financial instruments and derivatives, not all middle market companies have the in-house resources to address these concerns.
Our dedicated team of advisors and industry specialists can help you navigate these challenges. They can help prepare financial statements, identify consolidation models, draft responses to SEC comment letters and serve as on-call advisors. Let RSM professionals help support your accounting and reporting needs.
We can assist with:
- Accounting for complex debt and equity financings, debt modifications, financial instruments and derivatives
- Responses to SEC comment letters
- Impairment analyses for both goodwill and long-lived assets
- Analysis of share-based payments
- Selection of the reporting currency and the analysis of foreign currency transactions
- Identification of appropriate consolidation models including consideration of variable interest or voting interest entities
- Audit readiness support – Preparation of financial statements and disclosures, identification of weaknesses, audit support for complex accounting matters
- On-call advisory services
- Outsourced financial accounting support
most recent insights
Changes to an issuer’s accounting for convertible instruments and the derivatives scope exception for contracts in an entity’s own equity.
The SEC recently issued a final rule, which makes certain modifications to the existing definition of “accredited investor.”
On August 27, 2020, the SEC issued a final rule that revises Items 101, 103 and 105 of Regulation S-K. Learn more.
The PCAOB recently asked audit committee chairs how COVID-19 has affected financial reporting and the audit process.