Center for Business Transition Planning Process
A disciplined process designed to help business owners explore ownership options
The Center for Business Transition approach is not only understanding owner readiness, but business readiness, as well. Experienced advisors work with you to address issues from a personal, financial and operational perspective that takes into consideration what you, as an owner, want to accomplish, as well as understanding the opportunities to increase the value of the business. Our disciplined process is designed to provide an objective and independent option based on the readiness of your company, understanding our intentions and the goals of ownership.
The transition planning engagement
- Owner assessment: To gain an understanding of your goals and objectives, we conduct private, one-on-one interviews where we discuss issues including personal goals, transition timing, personal finances and planning, and succession options.
- Company alignment questionnaire: Owners and management complete an analysis questionnaire to determine strategy and organizational alignment.
- Company assessment: We utilize the value opportunity profile to provide you with an estimate of the current intrinsic value of the company as well as a road map for how to maximize that value through a structured improvement process.
- Recommendation: We will present our recommendation for what we believe to be the best option to meet your transition planning goals and objectives.
- Road map: Failure to implement is the biggest challenge to a successful transition plan; to eliminate this challenge, we provide you a road map to assist with the transition planning recommendation.
- Road map implementation*: Our team coaches for eight quarters to assist you with implementation.
- Transition process length: With client approval to proceed, transition is approximately five to six weeks to road.
*Separate engagement; not included in the transition planning engagement