© 2021 RSM US LLP. All rights reserved.
CFO Support Services
Providing the right resources to enhance your finance strategy
During the course of normal business, organizations often need additional support with their finance leadership and personnel, sometimes for an undetermined amount of time. When that time comes, you need people that not only understand the intricacies of your finance strategy, but can also drive process improvement through demonstrated experience in your industry.
Many situations can signal the need for additional financial resources, and the challenge can arise when you least expect it. In some cases, a key staff member may decide to resign or take a leave of absence, or your company may be in a transition period due to growth or expansion, which may require additional oversight. In addition, sometimes you simply need supplemental financial resources for a special project or key initiative.
Other times, the need for additional support may arise from a financial assessment, designed to determine the current state of the finance organization and need to reach a desired future state. During that process, gaps in accounting practices may be identified or efficiency issues with your people, processes and technology could be addressed with additional, experienced help to move the business forward.
How can we help you?
RSM has developed several specific chief financial officer support services, bringing extensive industry experience and best practices to help you reach your specific organizational goals.
- Interim CFO and interim controller: Our interim CFO and interim controller services offer temporary resources for companies in the midst of a transition within those positions. We leverage our experience and insight to clean up any areas that need attention before a permanent replacement is brought in, putting your business in a position for sustained success.
- Finance and accounting staff augmentation: With staff augmentation, we can bring experienced personnel to fill out your finance department if one of your staff members leaves, you are suddenly shorthanded in a specific area or an assessment shows that you are not staffed appropriately. We keep your finance department moving in the right direction until your staffing needs are met.
- Finance and accounting outsourcing (FAO): In an FAO engagement, we manage your financial processes in their entirety, acting as your finance department. Our team comes in, assesses your current state, implements leading technology solutions and makes any necessary adjustments to operations or accounting practices.
In addition, we offer multiple technical accounting consulting services to successfully navigate your financial reporting needs. We create dynamic and holistic solutions for your complex accounting issues, including:
- Lease accounting (ASC 842)
- Revenue recognition (ASC 606)
- Policy definition, rationalization and standardization
At RSM, we understand your unique finance department needs, because we’ve been in your shoes. Our consultants have real-world experience as controllers, CFOs and vice presidents of finance in your industry. Therefore, we bring a hands-on approach with a depth of resources and an independent perspective to help guide your finance organization.