© 2020 RSM US LLP. All rights reserved.
Global anti-bribery and anti-corruption compliance and integrity services
Helping your organization reduce risk and maximize return on compliance investments
While acts of fraud and corruption are ever-present threats to business leaders, there are steps organizations can take to reduce their risks and demonstrate the strength of their anti-bribery and anti-corruption (ABAC) compliance programs. To underscore the importance of a sound corporate compliance program, in 2019, the U.S. Department of Justice’s (DOJ) Criminal Division published updated guidance for prosecutors to use in evaluating corporate compliance programs. This guidance reinforces that compliance programs should be risk based, and actively used to monitor compliance across the organization.
At RSM, our team can help ensure your company maintains accurate books and records, incorporates the use of data analytics to monitor areas of high risk, and builds a framework that will support sound, compliance-based decisions among senior executives.
Our proactive compliance support and integrity services include:
- Compliance program assessments: Our team will assess your ABAC risks, and the corresponding design and effectiveness of existing anti-corruption compliance programs.
- Compliance program development and enhancement: We can help companies build and refine compliance programs, including detailed testing, auditing and monitoring, with a focus on mitigating corruption risks.
- Mergers and acquisitions due diligence: During an acquisition, our team can help the prospective buyer identify potential corruption risks in a target company. In addition, we regularly assist sellers by evaluating their anti-corruption compliance programs and identifying potential issues that may arise during the buyer’s due diligence process.
- Third-party forensic assessment: Our team has significant experience helping clients exercise their rights to assess the degree of ABAC compliance amongst third-party relationships, often as part of a normal audit cycle.
- Third-party due diligence: We regularly work with business leaders to create or enhance third-party risk management programs, including the development and benchmarking of risk scoring and escalation programs, and resulting procedures, along with background checks and assessments of outside individuals and entities doing business with the company.
There is no question that corruption enforcement has become a higher priority for many governments around the world. However, many regulatory agencies have also demonstrated that they will show leniency to companies that take definitive steps to establish an effective program, evaluate and mitigate areas of highest risk, and self-report violations discovered through their own compliance systems. With that in mind, many of RSM clients rely on RSM’s global team of experienced professionals to assist them in tailoring a proactive anti-fraud compliance and integrity program that meets their specific needs.