© 2020 RSM US LLP. All rights reserved.
People and Organization
Helping our clients maximize the value of their most critical assets - people
In today’s rapidly changing economy, business leaders are facing challenges in how to attract, engage, manage and retain their talent. The rate of technology change, the increasing demand for unique skills and increased regulatory requirements all create challenges in attracting and developing a diverse workforce. Quickly and effectively responding to the business needs of your employees by optimizing process and technologies while mitigating risk enables you to drive growth, productivity and profitability.
RSM’s people and organization practice takes an integrated approach to optimizing your human resources (HR) and talent functions. We combine our experience in key functional areas with an understanding of your overall operations and business needs in order to help solve your complex business issues.
People and Organization Featured Ideas and Insights:
Key components of people and organization strategy
Optimizing your people and organization components are vital to success in today’s competitive markets. Some questions that your company should consider include:
- People - Do our people have the right capabilities to be successful? Have we created an environment for employees to be engaged and effective at work? Are we doing enough to retain and develop our people?
- Process – Do we have opportunities to optimize or outsource processes to save cost and drive productivity?
- Technology - Are we using the right tools to recruit, train, manage and compensate talent? Do our people have the right technology to help them be productive at work? Are our HR systems opening us up to risk?
- Controls - Is our organization compliant with HR regulations, ensuring the business is not at risk? Does our HR function have the right controls in place to protect our business and talent?
We assist companies with people and organization optimization in four core areas:
Talent management and operational excellence
The RSM team can help your organization make assessments to set a baseline and improve operational tools and processes to deliver improved results through:
- HR and talent acquisition process design and enhancement
- Organizational assessments
- Onboarding and offboarding design
- Training and development programs
- Total rewards (compensation and benefits) design
- Succession planning and career development
- Performance management
Technology selection and implementation
We provide the experience, knowledge and tools to help you navigate the selection and implementation of new technologies. The RSM team has extensive experience in helping companies choose and implement:
- Human capital management (HCM) systems
- Payroll systems
- Applicant tracking and recruiting systems
- Learning management systems
Organizational design and governance
Whether you’re meeting changing business demands or experiencing a transformational event, we can provide perspective on leading practices and industry trends. We align your organization to meet specific needs by helping to define and create components of purposeful governance, including:
- Strategy development and execution
- Goals and scope of responsibilities
- Structure and composition
- Tools and enablement
- Change management
- Competency assessments
- Diversity and inclusion
Compliance and reporting
RSM can help ensure that your teams understand the changing landscape of regulatory and industry standards, and build the appropriate controls for maintaining compliance. We can help with:
- Compliance assessments
- Affirmative action plans
- Policy and procedure reviews or updates
- HR due diligence
- Integration support for mergers and acquisitions