Revenue recognition: Key insights for private equity investors
ON DEMAND WEBCAST |
The new revenue recognition standard (ASC 606) is complex and widely considered the most profound new compliance change to affect corporate finance since the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002. It represents a major change in accounting and key financial metrics, including revenue, and earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization (EBITDA).
Preparing for and complying with the new standard may be more challenging than many private equity firms realize. However, adoption and implementation of the new standard also provides an opportunity to consider strategic operational issues such as improving efficiency, enhancing information systems, and strengthening processes and controls.
During the webcast, we provide:
- A high-level overview of the new guidance, including key tax and accounting changes
- The industries most affected by the new standard
- Key dates and actions to consider for successful implementation
- Potential challenges associated with adopting the new standard
- The impact to M&A transactions