RSM Phoenix lease accounting update
Join RSM as we guide you through understanding the fundamentals of lessee accounting under Topic 842, Leases, of the Financial Accounting Standards Board’s ASC 842. This new guidance will significantly change how most lessees account for and disclose their leases in financial stat
ements. RSM understands the need to keep on top of changes that will affect your business, and we look forward to helping you respond to and prepare for these changes.
During this session, you can expect to learn:
- Identification of lease arrangements using the new definition of a lease
- Lease classification
- Important concepts and definitions (e.g., lease term, lease payments)
- Lessee recognition of right-of-use assets and lease liabilities
- Effective dates and transition alternatives
- Best practices for implementation
- System selection guidance
We look forward to seeing you Thursday, Jan. 10 to learn more about ASC 842 and implementation considerations for your business.