National Director of Assurance Services
Sara is the National Director of Audit Services for RSM US LLP (RSM). In this role she leads the Assurance Standards and Methodology Group (ASMG) and the Specialized Services Group (SSG). ASMG has overall responsibility for the methodology, tools and training supporting RSM’s assurance services. SSG includes the industry leaders that support audit quality for specialized industry practices.
Prior to her current role, Sara was a partner in ASMG with an emphasis in engagements conducted in accordance with the standards of the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB).
Prior to joining RSM, Sara was a partner in a regional accounting firm where she served clients and was a concurring and consultation resource for accounting and assurance needs. Sara also worked for a Big Four accounting firm in a variety of roles, including audit client service, national office consultation, and global office public policy.
Professional affiliations and credentials
- Certified public accountant licensed in North Dakota and Minnesota
- Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) and Minnesota Society of CPAs
- Member of the Center for Audit Quality Professional Practice Executive Committee
- Member of the AICPA International Qualifications Appraisal Board
- Technical advisor to the AICPA Auditing Standards Board
- Former member of the AICPA Private Company Practice Section Technical Issues Committee
- Member of the College of Business and Public Administration Advisory Board at the University of North Dakota
- Bachelor of Accountancy, University of North Dakota