National Industry Leader
Areas of focus: Industry Strategy, Operations, Mergers & Acquisitions
Mendy Nudelman was named national industry leader for RSM US LLP (RSM) in July 2012 and is responsible for industry methodologies, go-to-market activities, and training, development and mentoring to ensure the firm’s strong capabilities and expertise. He also serves as a member of the firm’s core leadership team and is a past member of the firm's Board of Directors.
Nudelman joined the firm in 2005 with the TBS/AM&G merger, and he was instrumental to the firm in developing industry-based teams in the Great Lakes. He also led the firm’s transition team in 2011 during the process to purchase RSM McGladrey.
With more than 40 years of experience, Nudelman has managed a large professional services firm with multiple offices; developed and organized industry-based teams in a line-of-business matrix; served as partner-in-charge of Chicago, Phoenix and Los Angeles prior to the firm's acquisition; built management teams and planned for their succession; managed quality assurance, risk and litigation issues; overseen large client relationships; and successfully integrated acquired/merged firms.
As executive managing director of a predecessor firm, Nudelman spearheaded numerous initiatives to increase both growth and profitability and to improve efficiencies. These initiatives included:
- Restructuring, retooling and/or nationalizing certain practices
- Assisting a number of practices to redirect their strategic focus to larger and more profitable engagements
- Launching the Transaction Support Services practice, which generated $3 million in fees in its first two years and helped create both national and international opportunities
- Nudelman also has introduced several programs to enhance the workplace, improve employee retention, provide greater training opportunities and encourage teamwork.
Education and Credentials
- Certificate in Theory of Accounting (master’s equivalency), University of Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa
- Certified Public Accountant and Chartered Accountant