Partner, Consumer Products Senior Analyst
Areas of focus: Consumer Products
In May 2019, Karen was selected as a senior analyst in RSM’s cutting-edge Industry Eminence Program, which positions its senior analysts to understand, forecast and communicate economic, business and technology trends shaping the industries RSM serves. These senior analysts advise clients on conditions influencing middle market leaders. Karen’s focus is on the consumer products industry.
Summary of experience
Karen is a tax partner with RSM's Great Lakes practice. She has been in public practice since 1998 providing tax, accounting and consulting services to middle market businesses and closely held corporations in various industries including consumer and industrial products, manufacturing and distribution, private equity and other service industries. Karen assists her clients in federal, state and foreign tax compliance, planning, research and special projects such as accounting method changes.
Karen works with a variety of middle market manufacturers and distributors delivering various services including:
- Federal, state and foreign income tax planning and compliance
- Assisting with corporate restructuring transactions including mergers, stock and asset sales
- Accounting method changes and fixed asset studies to help clients comply with the Internal Revenue Service regulations and provide significant tax savings
- Representing clients before the Internal Revenue Service and other government tax authorities
Karen is a local leader for the RSM women’s employee network group, STAR, which develops a culture that sponsors and advances women at all stages of their careers. She also is the liasion with the Girls Scouts organization and coordinator of the “My Dream Life” event; teaching young girls financial literacy, where they learn about careers, salaries and money management.
Professional affiliations and credentials
- Certified Public Accountant
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Illinois CPA Society
- Bachelor of Science, accounting, DePaul University
- Master of Science, taxation, DePaul University
With the election approaching, RSM is looking at the economic stakes and the key issues for the consumer products industry.
Consumer products companies can counter COVID-19’s disruption by embracing innovation, digital strategies and multi-channels.
As food and beverage companies continue to manage through the pandemic and plan for the road ahead, what’s the formula for success?
What are 2020’s top trends for food and beverage? From promoting sustainability to meeting consumer demands, here’s what’s happening.
Many proposed tax law changes will not only affect federal and international tax positions, they will also impact on state and local taxes.