National Industry Audit Leader
John is a partner in RSM’s assurance practice and serves as the national industry audit leader and the national leader of the retail and restaurant sectors with RSM’s consumer products practice. He has over 25 years of experience providing assurance and business advisory services to a diverse client base with focus on the retail and restaurant industries.
Prior to joining RSM, John was a partner at Caturano and Company. He joined Caturano and Company from a Big Four firm, where he serviced a wide range of privately held and publicly traded companies in the retail and distribution and hospitality industries. He has significant acquisition experience in providing buy-side and sell-side due diligence and technical accounting advice on deal structure and related acquisition accounting matters. He also has in-depth knowledge of internal controls. John has provided internal audit services and related consulting services to privately-held and publicly traded companies.
Before entering the public accounting profession, John spent nearly 10 years in the retail industry where he gained valuable experience in all aspects of retail operations. He developed significant expertise in hiring, training, and retaining staff, inventory management and control, merchandising, cash control, and loss prevention. This unique blend of operational and financial experience enables John to fully understand his client’s business risks and to apply a practical approach to client service.
Professional affiliations and credentials
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Certified Public Accountant, Massachusetts and Maine
- Massachusetts Restaurant Association
- Massachusetts Society of Certified Public Accountants
- National Restaurant Association
- Author of various forms of thought leadership on industry related issues
- Frequent speaker at industry conferences and events
- Bachelor of Science, government administration, Suffolk University
- Master of Business Administration, concentration in finance, Suffolk University
- Master of Science, accountancy, Bentley University