National Audit Leader
Summary of experience
Joel is the national audit leader for RSM US LLP. He is responsible for the leadership and management of the audit line of business including strategy execution; growth and profitability of the practice; oversight of the development and implementation of audit policies and procedures; audit learning and development; and the development and maintenance of audit technology tools and applications. He is also a member of the firm’s executive leadership team.
Previously, Joel served as the northeast region audit leader and was a member of the RSM US LLP Board of Directors. Prior to joining RSM, Joel was the audit leader and executive committee member at Caturano and Company. His past experience also includes a 15 year career at Arthur Andersen where he was the partner-in-charge of the banking industry for Andersen’s New England assurance and business advisory practice.
Professional affiliations and credentials
- Certified Public Accountant in Massachusetts
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Massachusetts Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Former member, RSM US Board of Directors
- Former director and treasurer of the National Association of Corporate Directors, New England Chapter
- Former member of the CAQ Cyber Task Force Steering Committee
- Former member of the Massachusetts Banker’s Association Accounting Task Force
- Former chairman of the Middleton Elementary School Committee
- Former member, Financial Institutions Subcommittee of the MSCPA
- BS in Business Administration, concentration in Accounting, University of Massachusetts Amherst