National Financial Services Industry Leader
Summary of experience
Jim is an assurance partner who serves as the managing partner of the Nebraska Business Unit. He also serves as the National Industry Leader for Financial Services leading our nearly 2000 professionals serving our clients in the Asset Management and Capital Markets Sectors which included the Insurance sector. Jim has practiced public accounting for nearly 40 years, primarily serving companies in the insurance space with strategic planning, acquisitions, divestitures, startups, turnarounds, operations improvement, business development, marketing, GAAP, regulatory compliance and customer relations. Jim’s experience spans the entire spectrum of the insurance industry having served Property and Casualty, Life, Accident and Health, Professional Reinsurers, Agents and Brokers and Third Party Administrators. He has served public and private insurers of all forms on at least five continents. Jim currently serves on the AICPA’s Insurance Experts Panel.
Prior to joining the firm, Jim was with a Big Four accounting firm in Omaha where he served as managing partner for five years and most recently was the area partner-in-charge of financial services. In that most recent role, Jim directed the activities of professionals in six offices throughout the Midwest, serving clients in the financial services industry. He held several positions during his career at the firm, including managing partner of the Nebraska business unit and partner-in-charge of financial and public services. Jim was a member of his firm’s international insurance leadership team where he chaired the reinsurers task force.
Professional affiliations and credentials
- Licensed Certified Public Accountant in the State of Nebraska and more than two dozen other States
- Nebraska Society of Certified Public Accountants (NSCPA) (Chair)
- Nebraska’s elected member to the Council of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Honored by his Nebraska peers with the Distinguished Service to the Profession Award during the 75th Anniversary celebration of the NSCPA
- Active in his community having served more than 3 dozen organizations during his nearly 40 year career
- Bachelor of Science Business Administration, accounting and finance, Creighton University