Partner, Industrials Senior Analyst
Areas of focus: Industrials
In May 2021, Jim was selected as a senior analyst in RSM’s cutting edge Industry Eminence Program, which positions its senior analysts to understand, forecast and communicate economic, business and technology trends shaping the industries RSM serves. These senior analysts advise clients on conditions influencing middle market leaders. Jim’s focus is on the industrials industry.
Summary of experience
Jim is an audit partner in RSM’s Detroit office and brings more than 25 years of experience providing assurance services with a primary focus on original equipment manufacturers, tier 1-3 suppliers and heavy industrial companies in the automotive industry.
Jim has gained comprehensive experience as a first-choice advisor to global companies, privately held entities and private equity portfolio companies allowing him to provide scalability in approach and practical and proven solutions to the clients he serves.
Prior to joining RSM, Jim served numerous large public companies, developing an extensive experience with SEC rules and regulations, PCAOB and AICPA standards, the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, International Financial Reporting Standards, equity and debt offerings and technical accounting research. His experience includes leading large multifunctional teams, both domestic and international, as well as serving small private and public entities.
Professional Affiliations and Credentials
- Certified Public Accountant
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Michigan Association of Certified Public Accountants
- RSM Automotive Sector Leader – Michigan
- American Heart Association Executive Leadership Team Member
- Master of Business Administration, accounting, Wayne State University
- Bachelor of Arts, political science, prelaw, Michigan State University