Industrial Products Leader
Areas of focus: Manufacturing
Summary of Experience
Steve has more than 30 years of experience in public accounting and joined RSM US LLP in November 2006. He currently serves as the firm’s industrial products leader. In this role, Steve coordinates and supports the firm’s commitment to these industries and RSM’s go-to-market approach. He focuses on the manufacturing sector while overseeing the various sector teams under the C&IP umbrella.
- Working closely with industry and trade organizations on issues impacting their members
- Providing insight and perspective to publications on industry issues via speaking engagements
- Supporting RSM US LLP’s Industrial Products growth teams and marketing activities throughout the United States and supporting international members of RSM International
- Identifying critical issues impacting IP companies, and developing thought leadership and services to help these entities
- Supporting manufacturing and distribution summits throughout the United States
Steve serves as audit partner on numerous engagements for privately held and PEG owned companies, with a focus on manufacturers. He has performed numerous buy-side due diligence projects for private equity groups and strategic buyers and served as past president of the Charlotte, NC Chapter of the Association for Corporate Growth. He also worked on a 20-month restatement project for a multi-billion dollar company with extensive fraud and accounting irregularities.
Steve has worked in public accounting since graduating from college, serving engagements including companies with international activities, as well as building a local firm that was sold to an international firm in 2002.
Professional Affiliations and Credentials
- Board Member representing RSM US LLP at The National Association of Manufacturers (NAM)
- Board Member of North Carolina Chamber of Commerce
- Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) and North Carolina Association of CPAs
- Past President of Charlotte Chapter of Association for Corporate Growth
- Fundraising and leadership roles in many Jewish communal organizations
- Various past leadership roles on communal and arts organizations
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill - Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, concentration in accounting, 1981