Maria Fassi is a Mexican professional golfer on the LPGA, with a 2020 season-best T9 finish at the Marathon LPGA Classic. In 2019, in addition to winning the Individual NCAA title, she played at the inaugural Augusta National Women’s Amateur Championship and finished runner-up to her friend and rival Jennifer Kupcho. Maria earned her LPGA card in December 2019, but deferred membership until she graduated from the University of Arkansas, competing as an amateur and turned professional in May 2019, making her professional debut at the 2019 U.S. Women’s Open where she finished T12.
Having a family whose lives revolved around sports, Maria enjoys cooking with friends and family in Mexico and Arkansas, traveling, meditation and wellness. She recently formed the Maria Fassi Foundation, promoting inclusivity in golf and creating a space for children with disabilities to come learn and enjoy a sport with lifelong benefits.
- Recorded a season-best T9 finish at the Marathon LPGA Classic
- Made her professional debut at the 2019 U.S. Women's Open where she earned a career-best T12 finish
- As an amateur, had six career starts on the LPGA, including a career-best T15 finish at the 2016 Citi Banamex Lorena Ochoa Invitational
- 2019 NCAA Women's Championship Division I Individual Title
- 2018 and 2019 ANNIKA Award winner at the University of Arkansas
- 2018 WGCA First-Team All-American, SEC Golfer of the Year at the University of Arkansas
- 2015, 2016 and 2018 Mexican Amateur winner