© 2021 RSM US LLP. All rights reserved.
SPAC mergers: Guide to 9 critical business areas for going public
A SPAC merger has all the complexity of an IPO compressed into a short timeframe
When you’re navigating the process, you’ll want to focus on the following nine key business areas, which are critical to your SPAC readiness:
- Financial reporting: Get ready to comply with public company reporting requirements.
- Financial planning and analysis: Ensure you have the expertise to provide reliable and accurate expectations to the marketplace.
- Human resources: Don’t overlook the people side of the equation.
- Technology: Make sure your IT strategy is aligned to support business growth.
- Deal advisory and due diligence: Get help with preparation and execution of the SPAC merger process.
- Corporate strategy and development: Optimize value creation.
- Taxes: Maximize your tax benefits and minimize tax risks.
- Corporate governance, legal and compliance: Establish a robust governance structure and mitigate risks.
- Internal audit, controls and risk: Complete risk assessment and roadmap preparation for SOX compliance and SPAC readiness.
Most companies simply don’t have all the resources and expertise in-house to effectively navigate the SPAC merger process and ensure the success of their transition to a public company. Find out what you need to know and how to get the help you need for true SPAC readiness.
Get the SPAC Guide
Download the SPAC Readiness guide