© 2020 RSM US LLP. All rights reserved.
Supply Chain Planning and Manufacturing
Develop a strategy to optimize efficiency and meet customer demand
RSM’s supply chain planning and shop floor execution services focus on matching supply to demand for maximum efficiency from an inventory and a manufacturing standpoint. Data-driven demand planning provides the foundation to develop a strong, fiscal-based inventory strategy. Our approach enhances planning, scheduling, forecasting and production so that manufacturing efficiency is optimized to meet the demand profile while putting your company in a better position to meet customer expectations.
Supply chain planning services include:
- Sales and operations planning (S&OP): Our team designs and implements processes that synchronize demand, operations and supply into a consensus forecast and operating plan across various time horizons. This operating plan enables cross-functional collaboration to reduce inventory, reduce cost and increase service levels.
- Demand planning and forecasting: By integrating sources of demand data, we establish a complete view of existing and potential demand to support sales and operations planning. In designing the capabilities, our team includes process, organization and data requirements.
- Production planning and inventory management: Our experienced professionals build a detailed understanding of operations and demand requirements to determine optimal production schedule and material requirements that meet customer needs and efficiently utilize resources. A proactive approach can improve EBITDA through efficiency of working capital and reduced inventory costs, enhance customer service, boost on-time delivery and drive future growth.
How can we help you?
Shop floor execution services include:
- Production design and product flow: Our experienced operations and engineering professionals can develop facility layouts that support your processes, meet your performance targets, provide worker safety and maximize the effectiveness of capital expenditures.
- Capacity planning and analysis: To identify opportunities for increased efficiency and productivity, our team can evaluate your current planning and scheduling processes. We will work to identify and eliminate constraints and determine how resources can be used most effectively.
- Lean Six Sigma: The experienced professionals at RSM can design and implement lean processes and methods to increase efficiency, while reducing variations and defects in your products and services. To find places for immediate improvements, we leverage lean tools like value stream mapping and Kaizen events.