© 2020 RSM US LLP. All rights reserved.
Valuations for Life Sciences Companies
Research, regulation and uncertainty drive life science valuation needs
Life sciences companies face nuanced, unique valuation concerns. Many are early stage companies with little or no history on which to base valuations. Instead, their value stems from the potential of their R&D activities and intellectual property. Others are more established companies with pipeline candidates in clinical trials and product portfolios. Regulation and industry dynamics add additional layers of complexity. Long periods of venture capital investment, stock-based compensation programs, collaborations and M&A activity, and public offerings in the life sciences sector all drive valuation needs.
RSM understands life sciences
RSM offers deep, proven experience helping life sciences companies meet their full range of valuation needs. We can assist with:
- Valuations of acquired in-process research and development, intellectual property, and intangible assets for purchase accounting and tax reporting
- Periodic testing for impairment of assets and/or goodwill due to research setbacks, failed clinical trials or other issues
- Valuations of private company stock, options and warrants for stock-based compensation programs
- Valuations of issued equity, debt and derivative securities, including embedded derivatives, subject to periodic fair value financial reporting
- Valuations of intellectual property, including assistance with transfer pricing and other issues when establishing offshore IP holding company structures
RSM’s value extends beyond simply offering the services you need. Our valuation team is staffed with senior-level professionals who offer the experience necessary to understand and address the often complex issues that inform an appropriate valuation, and who provide a level of attention that our middle market clients have come to expect. We also offer both a national and international footprint to have the right people in place where and when you need them.
We’re not a firm that only understands your valuation needs. As a leading provider of audit, tax and consulting services focused on the middle market, we understand that your valuations don’t exist in a vacuum. They need to satisfy your auditors and also often require associated accounting and tax documentation. We can coordinate the seamless delivery of a full range of integrated tax, accounting and life sciences consulting services to meet your unique needs.
How can we help you?
To discuss how our team can help your business, contact us by phone 800.274.3978 or
Connect with Chris