© 2021 RSM US LLP. All rights reserved.
Tax services for the nonprofit and education industry
RSM’s tax professionals take a proactive approach to managing the tax aspects important to exempt organizations. We develop timely alerts, periodic newsletters, and in-depth thought leadership to help your organization stay current on existing and proposed tax legislation and work with you to evaluate the impact on your organization
RSM’s nonprofit and education industry tax professionals provide assistance to educational institutions, religious organizations, museums and other cultural institutions, athletic organizations, and other public charities, private foundations, social welfare organizations, trade associations, political action committees, and their managers, advisors, and contributors. Our comprehensive practice is fully integrated to assist you and your organization with all areas of tax law:
- Federal tax services
- Tax return compliance
- Representation before the IRS (exams, PLRs, closing agreements)
- Tax-exemption and unrelated business income studies
- Compensation and employee benefits
- Mergers, acquisitions and joint ventures
- Lobbying and political activities
- ASC 740 (FIN 48)
- State and local tax services
- Enterprise nexus studies
- Reverse audits (tax overpayments and refund opportunities)
- ASC 450 (FAS 5)
- Taxability analysis
- International tax services
- Reporting and withholding requirements
- Structuring for foreign operations
The 2021-2022 Priority Guidance Plan contains anticipated guidance projects that would affect exempt organizations.
IRS postpones certain filing, payment and other deadlines for taxpayers affected by Hurricane Ida in Pennsylvania.
IRA beneficiaries can now be stuck with a very tax-inefficient asset after the owner’s death. Learn the solution.
IRS postpones certain filing, payment and other deadlines for taxpayers affected by Hurricane Ida in Mississippi.
IRS postpones certain filing, payment and other deadlines for taxpayers affected by Hurricane Ida in New York and New Jersey.