© 2021 RSM US LLP. All rights reserved.
Grant Management and Compliance Solutions
Today, more state and local government entities are qualifying to receive funding from the federal government through various programs, including the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act, Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act (CRRSAA) and American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA). The documentation and reporting of funds received by the federal government can be a daunting task, and it is important to be diligent with prioritization, application and distribution in order to optimize eligible costs and expenditures for reimbursement.
As a first-choice advisor to state and local government entities, RSM understands the unique challenges you may encounter and has the experience to partner with you on the management and compliance of your relief funding.
Grant management services and capabilities
Whether you’re refining processes, beginning anew or expanding your scope, RSM’s team of professionals can meet you where you are and partner on a path to where you want to be. Our capabilities include:
- Regulatory compliance expertise
- Funding optimization and planning support
- Federally mandated reporting support
- Cost recovery
- Risk assessment development and performance
- Internal control assessment and performance
- Monitoring-plan design assistance and execution
- Subrecipient monitoring, assessment and assistance
- Technology solutions for grant administration and/or grant management
- Grant management administration
- Compliance and performance audit
- Guidance and program technical assistance on expenditure allowability and eligibility
- Development and implementation support for programs funded by:
- Department of Homeland Security/Federal Emergency Management Agency (DHS/FEMA)
- Health and Human Services (HHS)
- U.S. Treasury
- Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
- Department of Transportation (DOT)
- U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA)
Single audit readiness
State and local governments that receive federal funds and meet certain criteria may be required to undergo a federal or state single audit, or may be selected for review by the Office of Inspector General or state auditor. Our understanding of Uniform Guidance, coupled with our experience performing single audits, provides our professionals with the knowledge to help you prepare the necessary documentation for response.