US-based food ingredient manufacturer seeking a way to satisfy customers and increase growth.
Relocate a portion of their UK-based manufacturing operations to mainland Europe in order to be closer to customers and help control increasing costs.
Define an optimal path to:
- Protect European Union (EU) market share
- Grow new revenue
- Reduce costs by locating closer to suppliers and end markets in Central Europe
Leaders spent close to three years working with a commercial real estate broker to determine whether investing in a blending facility in Eastern Central Europe would:
- Generate cost savings to the business
- Make the company more competitive in the mainland European market
- Permit growth into newer markets in Europe
However, the broker was unable to recommend any suitable locations. The company realized that their existing approach was failing to drive the process forward.